Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introduction to me and my piggies

smolpig

Cavy Slave
Hi, I'm smolpig. I previously had an account on here but when the difficulties with that email adress I used happened, I decided to make a new account all together. I've had pigs for about two months now and love the message this website projects.

I have two pigs currently, both boars. I have one male boar named bonnie and his young companion named Lion. Lion is a white and ginger sheltie with red eyes and Bonnie is a black and tan abby that has black eyes and a star shaped patch of white just under his jaw.

Right now my piggies are living in a petstore cage. Previously they were in a C&C.

Looking forward to learning this forum and the new info on pigs! I've got a lot to learn, still.

Bonnie's favorite food is green leaf lettuce.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
@smolpig, I was just getting ready to tell you that you can only have one account. Do you want the other one merged into this one?

smolpig

Cavy Slave
That would be very helpful, yes. I wasn't sure how to go about doing that.
(Also, forgot to mention that bon was called donix at the pet store i got him from, and finally got his real name)

jaycriae

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! I assume your pigs are still babies, since you got them from a pet store- if not, expect some major squabbles having two boars in a pet store cage. You're going to want to upgrade to a bigger cage ASAP, and also make sure they get lots of floor time since their cage is so small.

Anyway, they sound very cute. Welcome again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smolpig

Cavy Slave
I have a petstore cage right now due to circumstances. I have a gofundme for a bigger cage, but fundraising is not allowed here (understandably. I should've taken a closer look at the forum rules! sorry about that, by the way.) Bonnie is an adult and Lion is just a pup, but Bonnie's so excited to have interaction again that he welcomed Lion with open arms, but he's the dominant piggie. Lion looks up to bon for things, like he learned to come up and sniff me and eat veggies and use a water bottle from him. They like to snuggle lots and they can't really run in that cage, but they're super excited to have another pig with them. I've seen Bonnie's personality blossom so much from getting a friend. I called him Donix for a while, but his personality is like that of a friend's mischievious little rabbit named Bonnet, so he's called Bonnie. Little Lion's red eyes and mane of ginger fur spotted with white reminded me of a lion, so that's his name. He's quite shy though, which turned out to be Ironic, haha!

smolpig

Cavy Slave
Unfortunately, my landlord does not want a c&c in the house. I've almost won him over, though... If I do, I'll let you guys know. But even so, I can't afford it right now, so that's why I made a gofundme to buy the midwest off of amazon, which would be the biggest exception to the rule I could get. I don't have my old grids anymore, it was silly of me to get rid of them.

MrCavyMadness

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
The c&c could be cheaper and bigger than the midwest if your landlord allows it. Good luck.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.