Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Need ideas on divided cages!

Kelsey36

Cavy Slave
Hello!

Just as a quick intro, I've currently got one neutered male and one female guinea pig. The male is at least 4 (rescue wasn't sure of his background, and I think he may be closer to 5), and the female is 4. They both currently share a 2x3 C&C cage, and I know that's not the ideal size for two piggies. However, they seem to do fine with it, as I believe they have slowed down a bit with age and they aren't particularly large pigs. While I'll admit they aren't best friends, they get along fine, and I'm definitely not looking to separate them.

The request for divided cage ideas comes from the idea of a possible third pig. I've become aware of a pig in a rescue about 3 hours away from me. It's a male, and I've been told he's very aggressive with other pigs, but of course needs to be near them for vocalization and social interaction. So I was wondering if anyone had ideas for successfully housing and aggressive male, a neutered male, and an unspayed female at least in the same room? I don't have an abundance of space, so I think some sort of divided cage would be best. I've looked up ones previously posted, but mine would need to have a LID, as I do also have a cat. So any cage or generally if a third pig is a good idea advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Kelsey36

Cavy Slave
Ah, I've thought about it some more and as much as I would love this new pig, I don't think the situation is ideal for anoyone involved, especially as I am a relatively new pig owner.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.