Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Alternatives see-through side of cage??

MadScienceMum

Cavy Gazer
Has anyone used plexiglass or a similar see-through material on the sides of the cage? The only bummer about C&C cages is that you can't see through the coroplast. If you have - what did you use and how did you do it?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
My coroplast sides are only about three inches above the floor of the cage. There's really no need to make them higher unless you're babyproofing.

Plexiglass will work, but it will scratch and become cloudy. You also have to pay attention to air circulation.

MadScienceMum

Cavy Gazer
My coroplast sides are only about three inches above the floor of the cage. There's really no need to make them higher unless you're babyproofing.

Plexiglass will work, but it will scratch and become cloudy. You also have to pay attention to air circulation.

Ooh, good points. I just wanna be able to see these little stinkers! I suppose I can make it tall while they're babies and then cut it shorter when they are all "growed up". :)

LifeAsItMayBe

Cavy Slave
I have plexiglass on parts of one of my cages to keep the girls from biting the grids when they want my attention. I got my mom to drill holes in it (slowly, this stuff cracks easily!) and then I ziptied it to the grids. But, I can't think of a clever/easy way of using plexi in place of coroplast without ending up with a cleaning nightmare.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.