Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Popcorning Sounds in pain or upset?

Vrolrebe092

Cavy Slave
One of my 3 month old guinea pigs is "popcorns" very often. It almost seems as if he can't can't control it because he keeps running and jumping into things. My biggest worry is that he sounds as if he is in pain, or scared and upset? What is happening?

Popcorning is a very natural, normal guinea pig behavior. It means they are happy in most cases. Your pig is young, so he is probably bursting with energy. Ive seen my girls popcorn and run right into eachother during their active hours.

What kind of sound is he making? Squeaking? Rumbling/purring? Shrieking?

Mine make a happy squeal of sorts sometimes when they popcorn. To me, it's a happy noise.

It's a sort of rumble-squeak... Not sure how to describe it :) I just want to be sure that he isn't upset, or scared or hurt. I've heard of popcorning. I just didn't think it happens this often with such a strange sound. Thank you!

(broken link removed)

do you have a video of it?

Popcorning is perfectly normal. He's not upset, he's not in pain.

I don't have a video, I don't have enough space on my phone, nor do I have a camera. Sad, right? Anyway, thank you all so much, I feel much better. I'm confident that it just means he's a happy pig :)

My guinea pig popcorns like every 2 minutes

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.