Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage New cage

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

caylabenny

New cage I got for my two girls [picture removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
I'm confused--is this for outside? What's that grate in front of the cage?

C

caylabenny

This cage will be there grazing arena for some of the day and a inside bedroom, I have this cage and this can be there other out side day time cage. [picture removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
That cage is totally unsuitable for guinea pigs. They need an open flat space to run around. The ramp is too steep, and there's no railing to keep them from falling out of the second floor.

C

caylabenny

Ahahhahahahaha!! Your kidding right?? Both cages are from pet stores and are completely safe, I have owned and bred guinea pigs since I was 3-4 years old. I know what I'm doing thank you,I might not have the money given to me like some but my guinea pigs safety and health along with everything to do with owning one the best life they can have and every one of them where fantastic, never sick or injured, had vet checks when needed! I do believe though that kind of comments actually a rule breaker on this page. ...not sure but maybe make sure before commenting things like than on people's pictures...just a thought. Thank you any way I see you have your experience and knowledge and I have mine.

lissie

Cavy Slave
Just so you know, this is an anti-breeding forum.

HollyLeaf

Cavy Slave
Uhm, alright, you may have experience, but that doesn't mean it's the correct knowledge. I would listen to bpatters, and most of us do. And our money isn't handed to us. We work for it, at least I know I do. Bpatters is just trying to give you some helpful advice, as cavy knowledge has greatly improved over the last few years. There's no need to be harsh... This forum is here to help you, as are it's users. I know I've learned so much since becoming a cavy mom in December from this forum.

Also, this is an anti breeding forum. We are strictly against the breeding of pigs, as there are too many homeless pigs in the world and pregnancy can be very hard on a sow. Please don't take this the wrong way, I don't want to be rude by any means. I just feel you should know what kind of people you are talking to here.

C

caylabenny

Oh and by the way I'm not going to read the life story but yea I know what I'm doing and know my piggies are safe and happy....people can think what they want but I know as I am their owners.....Thank you any way

HollyLeaf

Cavy Slave
There's no need to be rude.

C

caylabenny

Uhm, alright, you may have experience, but that doesn't mean it's the correct knowledge. I would listen to bpatters, and most of us do. And our money isn't handed to us. We work for it, at least I know I do. Bpatters is just trying to give you some helpful advice, as cavy knowledge has greatly improved over the last few years. There's no need to be harsh... This forum is here to help you, as are it's users. I know I've learned so much since becoming a cavy mom in December from this forum.

Also, this is an anti breeding forum. We are strictly against the breeding of pigs, as there are too many homeless pigs in the world and pregnancy can be very hard on a sow. Please don't take this the wrong way, I don't want to be rude by any means. I just feel you should know what kind of people you are talking to here.
I'm an ex breeder if you don't remember me stating that
I am an ex breeder :)

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
@caylabenny - Cages that are inappropriate or unsafe for guinea pigs (steep ramps, no edges on ramps, not enough flat running space, etc) are not allowed on this forum as @bpatters told you. Whether you agree with these standards or not, they are there for a reason. You don't have to like it but that's the way it is.

Now, as this issue has run its course, this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.