Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello and please help with determining sex of alleged female pig

clarkpigs

Cavy Gazer
Hello! We are the new owners of two female pigs around 6 wks old - Petunia and Marabel. We are starting to wonder if Marabel is really a dude. Watching her walk around, she appears to be developing "butt cheeks"; Petunia does not have this although she seems to be slower to gaining weight and confidence compared to Marabel. We are having trouble based on inspecting the genitals. I have attached a picture. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!!

Hello and please help with determining sex of alleged female pig

Looks like a girl. My boys are easy to spot now I'm a little more used to it and that has a definite "y" or "v" shape.

Here are two sites that may help: www.cavyspirit.com/sexing.htm, and (broken link removed).

The acid test of whether it's a male or female is if you can get the penis to extrude.

Hello
can anyone help with determining the sex of my new baby Guinea pig?? This photo is at 4 days old. She/he was an unexpected surprise as we had just got two females from pet shop was not expecting our baby Guinea pig to have a baby! It happened 5 days after we got them home!!

Attachments

image.jpg
Look at post (broken link removed) in this thread. It will be easier to tell in a week or so what sex it is. You've got 21 days before you have to separate a male from the females.

@clarkspigs that looks like a boy to me but definitely check it for yourself

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.