Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C New rescue pigs...New Cage!

pawner69

Cavy Slave
Just wanted to share. I took in two new rescues piggies, Maisy and Cuddles, so I had to make a bigger cage. Introductions to my current herd of 5 went great so now everyone is all happily living in a 2x7 with a 2x2 kitchen.

I hope that is big enough for 6 girls and 1 boy (neutered of course).

One more quick photo of everyone during floor time.

That's a nice sized cage but you used the 8 space across grids that can pose a risk of strangulation if they get their head caught in there. I'd either double up the grids or raise the height of the coroplast so they can't reach an opening with their head.

I know. I know. I have got these before they changed the rules. I currently can't afford new ones and have never had trouble. But I promise to redo as soon as money allows.

I know. I know. I have got these before they changed the rules. I currently can't afford new ones and have never had trouble. But I promise to redo as soon as money allows.
Raise the sides with cardboard that you insert between the coroplast and grids. It'll keep them safe until you get new grids.

Nice herd and cage.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.