Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New member and new to Guinea pigs.

Christy Mancl

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone! I bought my two 5 wk old male Guinea pigs home. They are so loveable and cute! I'm new to Guinea pigs so I have a lot to learn.

Attachments

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Saylavi

Cavy Slave
Very cute! In hindsight I wish I had gotten boars but oh well

Eat the cheese

Cavy Slave
They are ADORABLE, I love Abyssinian guinea pigs! I used to have one but she sadly died, Welcome to the form and good luck with your piggies!

Piggly12

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Your piggies are gorgeous!!! And you have the same green food dish as me, haha :):)
It definitely looks like you have done lots of piggy research though! (C&C cage, lots of hay, 2 pigs instead of 1, etc.)
One suggestion: I would maybe cover your ramp with some fleece if you have any left over. I used to have a ramp like that, and the black corflute ladder things were fairly sharp.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Cute pigs!

Turn them both over and compare the pertinent parts. Pigs are often missexed, and your two are already old enough to make more guinea pigs. Babies having babies is very hard on the sow.

lizabrat34

Cavy Gazer
Beautiful piggies. I just got 2 males a week ago, I love the little guys !

Beatrix187

Cavy Slave
Oh my goodness, your pigs are adorable! I love the colors!

Christy Mancl

Cavy Slave
i actually did do a lot of research on the best cages, bedding, food etc. I was only planning on getting one but everything I read said to get two. I ordered fleece piggy bedspreads, but once I get them I'm planning on covering the ramp. They should be here with in a week. So far the piggies have not even attempted going up the ramp, but I think it might be kind of slippery without the fleece.

Christy Mancl

Cavy Slave
Thanks everyone! I fell in love with them right away. I got them from a rescue place. The whole family was brought in. I thought that'd be better than a pet store.

Christy Mancl

Cavy Slave
I'm hoping that because I got it from a rescue that they know what they are talking about when they say they are both males, but I will have to double check. Thanks!

lissie

Cavy Slave
Welcome to GPC! Thank you for rescuing! Your pigs are adorable!

kemmm

Cavy Slave
Very cute! In hindsight I wish I had gotten boars but oh well
I have two boars and I sometimes wish I had gotten sows. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my boys. But they bicker a lot and need more space then sows, and well, I want a large herd, and I can't imagine any more males together.

Christy Mancl

Cavy Slave
I wanted sows to begin with but read boars were more friendly. I'm hoping they stay getting along. They are brothers so they've been raised together so hopefully that'll help. I read both males and females sometimes fight though.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.