Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

A little about myself :)

tayetaye

Cavy Gazer
Hi!

I'm a Canadien, from New-Brunswick. I don't have a guinea pig yet, but I plan on having one tomorrow. I have been researching online for the past week and well I thought might as well just come here and ask my questions since I plan on having two babies and I want to do it right :)

I have a 2x4 C&C cage (well I'm gonna have my coroplast tomorrow) and I plan on using fleece bedding. Since my cage is not completely ready, I won't post picture of it yet, but maybe later. I am also planning on using fleece and uhaul pads for bedding (but my fleece preparation is not going very well...)

I already contacted a woman who has 5 males of 3 months to give away and I plan on having these two, but I will see tomorrow when I get there:
A little about myself :)A little about myself :)

About me now: I am 22 y/o and a second year med student. I am a francophone so excuse me if my english is not always on point. I have a passion about pet, and I am more of a dog or cat person, but my boyfriend (who lives with me) is allergic. So for the past 2 years I had a hamster, Tinome, but he past away a couple weeks ago of what seemed to be a cancer :(

I will be happy to learn everything I can from you!

CavyChrissy

Cavy Slave
Bonjour @tayetaye ! Good luck with your pigs and your fleece. When you go to get your pigs, I recommend picking out the friendliest two! See which ones like to interact with you. And also try to see if they get along with each other. Can't wait to see pictures. Bon chance!

P.S. How's my little bit of French?

tayetaye

Cavy Gazer
Bonjour @tayetaye ! Good luck with your pigs and your fleece. When you go to get your pigs, I recommend picking out the friendliest two! See which ones like to interact with you. And also try to see if they get along with each other. Can't wait to see pictures. Bon chance!

P.S. How's my little bit of French?

Thank you! I will keep that in mind for tonight :)
I just saw that someone had the same problem as me for prepping the fleece and it finally worked with oxyclean, so I tried that and I will see... If it doesn't work for now, I still have some carefresh bedding that I was using for my hamster that I could use.

On another note, your little bit of french was very refreshing! Merci ;)

tayetaye

Cavy Gazer
So I got my piggies about an hour ago! They are SO sweet! They are very timid for now, but since they just moved in their new cage, I think it's just normal :)

Here they are:
A little about myself :)A little about myself :)

They get along well but right now they mostly hide, BUT they ate the food and the lettuce I gave them, and they kinda smell/played with the ball. So I know they will be just fine. For those of you that doesn't speak french and are curious, the second picture says: "For him too I don't have any name yet :( Another male." So if you guys have any name idea, I'm all open to it!

Also, I only had two place to hide, a big igloo from the pet store, and a box, but they seem to have a lot of resource to find places to hide ;) They turn their little bed upside down to sleep underneath, and their eating place is covered so they hide behind the box.

Subro

Cavy Slave
Lovely. Enjoy.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.