Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Where do you get the clear walls?

Chayna Renee

Cavy Slave
I have seen so many pictures of cages that have clear walls instead of the cubes. I was just wondering where exactly you get that and does it take longer to connect to the rest of the cage then the cubes?

I'm assuming you're talking about plexiglass, which is available from hardware and home improvement stores. You just need a drill to put holes in it to run the zip-ties through.

Okei. Thank you.

Home Depot have them too. They are very expensive when you get the pre-measured ones on the shelves. Some large sign companies have them too and they are cheaper. I wanted to see my piggies and I did not replace the grid with the plastic, but replaced half of the coroplast side with the plexiglass/acrylic panel. I wanted them to each get light in the multi cage unit that I build. There is a person on eBay that does the half plexiglass in the appropriate size of a grid. The holes are already drill in them. He charges $29 for six. I will see if I can find the site and get back to you.
BTW, when I attempted to drill holes in mines it cracked. So I will think that you will need to also consider thickness of the plexiglass/acrylic panel. I just clip my on to the grid and it worked for me. I only needed to use it on the long side of the cage.

It won't crack when you drill it if you drill a pilot hole with a very small bit, then enlarge the hole with a larger bit.

Thank you bpatters! I will try that and see how it comes out. It will also save me some grid for the other cage that I am building.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.