Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Where in Australia are you?

thecarerescue

Cavy Slave
Just thought it would be fun to see where we are all located, I know the cities where we live are displayed but that's all -and it really would be interesting to see how close we all might be in the same city!
I'm in the Sutherland Shire, Sydney. If you don't know it, probably the best known suburb is Cronulla.

jonsgirll

Cavy Slave
Im on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland..near Maroochydore.

cavy_lover

Cavy Slave
I live in Sydney in the Western Suburbs near Blacktown : )

The Magic Taco

Cavy Slave
I'm in Brisbane, Coorparoo.

Bellebelle

Cavy Slave
I'm in the Hunter Valley, New South Wales
Emma

Salstar

Cavy Slave
Im in Brisbane, Wynnum until christmas and then I'll be moving back to Carindale.

Matt & Guins

Cavy Slave
I'm in Manly - Sydney, NSW

thecarerescue.....is that brianna?

kathrynj

Cavy Slave
I am in Bardon, Brisbane. Thats on the northside. Bellebelle are you cuticom?? HIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!Katt

honeysmum

Cavy Slave
We are on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula, on Port Phillip Bay, south of Melbourne. Hope you all and your piggies are keeping well!

Krysanthemum

Cavy Slave
Off topic here

Before I begin, I want to mention that I have brought this up with the moderators of this forum, and I was encouraged to do the following.

Brianna (thecarerescue),

I've been to your house, where you rescue pigs. I didn't meet you, but I met your mother. I know for a fact that you and your family breed your pigs, keep them in your garage in extremely small cages, and sell them for $20 each. I was shown a pig that was extremely fat, had obviously never had exercise in his life, and had very long nails that hadn't been clipped for months.

I wouldn't have said anything except you have chosen to represent yourself as a rescue with your handle. However, you aren't caring for your pigs in the way this forum would advocate, and you certainly aren't the CavySpirit definition of a rescue. The moderators felt I should bring this to everyone's attention.

thecarerescue

Cavy Slave
Ouch.
I do not breed or show cavies now, I have stopped have dedicated everything to rescue.
I would have appreciated a warning before posting this on a public board so I could explain myself. I do not keep them in extremely small cages?!?! They're in c&c cages now?! That meet the measurements of guineapigcages.com
We have no obese pigs.
We charge a $20 ADOPTION FEE, after screening and emails/phone calls? We do not sell them.
I'm so upset right now, I put so much effort and work into my guinea pigs. None of them are ill or overweight - and I am disgusted that you would say that.
I'm heartbroken that someone like you has come to my house. I would have appreciated a heads up so I could have explained myself.

thecarerescue

Cavy Slave
I also invite you back to our home, to see these "neglected cavies". It's rather easy to accuse someone when you're anonymous. When did you come over?

Salstar

Cavy Slave
I realise this is a anti-breeding/rescue forum but I really feel that more tact could have been used. I believe that thecarerescue should have been given warning through a PM and allowed the chance to defend herself. Obviously I am only going by what she has typed above but as long as she is not continuing to breed and now has the piggies in suitably sized cages then I don't see the problem. I have never bread guinea pigs before but I have always wanted too, that was until I came across this website and realised the damage I would be doing if I did breed!

enchantingcavy

Cavy Slave
Hey Guys!

I'm in Brisbane on the northside. If anyone would like to come visit the sanctuary and some of my own pigglies or to view the setup anytime feel free to give me a buzz!:rolleyes:. There seems to be a few brisbane people...we could have a meetup hehe.

*~jess~*

Krysanthemum

Cavy Slave
My apologies, you're right, a warning probably would have been a better way of going about it. I wasn't quite sure how to broach the topic, and just jumped right in.

I know you were aware of C&C cages at the time because some of the pigs were outside in a grid run. However, the cages inside the garage were not C&C sizes. If that has changed since then, that is great.

I never said the pigs were ill, I never said anything about showing, and I certainly did not use the term 'neglected', I simply stated what I saw. There was no screening process that I was aware of, I was never even asked my full name and phone number. If that has changed, good on you. But no thank you, I would not like to come back to your house.

thecarerescue

Cavy Slave
Thank you salstar!

I wasn't aware of c&c cages if I didn't have them actually in my setup, which you didn't seem to mention. One of my friends had been using grids for 10+ years to make outside runs, and she gave me the idea.

"some of the pigs were outside in a grid run."
Weird, I would have thought that would have been exercise - something that you say our pets never have.

And another thing, if you thought that that cavy I showed you was overweight - I'm rather concerned about your pigs. What we showed you was probably Clarke, our favourite boar. Why do we show you? Because he is a prime example of a healthy pig! Boars, if you don't know (seems like you only have two sows) can get rather big. I'll put that down to inexperience.

It sounds like you visited our home well over a year ago, so how dare you post on a public board how we treat our cavies now. Although I assure you back then our piggies were treated with love and affection!

"I know for a fact that you and your family breed your pigs"
That information is false, so before you go accusing people of things I would get your facts straight.

And if you don't want to visit again and SEE what you are saying is true - then why would you say it?!

Funny, that.

Krysanthemum

Cavy Slave
Okay, firstly, please keep your self-righteous indignation and sarcasm to yourself.

You're right, my visit to your house was a while ago, so as I said before, if you have changed your habits, I'm glad.

I said ONE of your boars looked like it hadn't ever had exercise, I made no comment on the others. I based my judgement on his size on my own pigs, who are healthy (thank you for your concern), and photos of pigs I have seen on this forum. I've never seen a pig that big before, but if you think he's healthy, that's up to you. But healthy pigs do not have their nails growing in underneath their feet.

thecarerescue

Cavy Slave
I've never had a problem with nail-clipping, and my pigs certainly do not have nails growing underneath their feet?! I can't vouch for then, but I can for now as I can see what they are like. Guess what? You can't.
Yeah, you've seen photos - that's some great first-hand experience you have.
And how would one of my boars never had any exercise but all the others have? How stupid.

And I will be as indignant, as I want:
in·dig·na·tion
n. Anger aroused by something unjust, mean, or unworthy.

I would think that that word is PERFECT in this situation.

And looking on your previous posts, seems like YOU are the one that has the problem with sarcasm.

Krysanthemum

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed)

Brianna, does this website belong to you? The posts on the front page are from 2003 so I understand that it might be out of date. But it states that you are a registered stud, is this still the case? And if you are no longer breeding, why have you not shut this website down, as it clearly promotes showing and breeding?

thecarerescue

Cavy Slave
Okay.. first off - my name is Bree. Hello to the person who doesn't tell me who they are and why they came to my house.

It definitely belongs to me and it's definitely out of date, AS YOU HAVE SAID YOURSELF IT'S FROM 2003.

This site directed to my other site (which my stud site that was the better layout that I used, which you failed to mention was shut down).

I forgot all about this site, and I have proceeded to delete it.

I'm still a registered stud - why? Because you can't un-register a stud.

I do not breed or show cavies. You'll also find I'm not promoting that site, or any other pro breeding/anti rescue website.

Funny how everytime I prove you wrong about something you try to come up with other claims that are invalid - as you said so yourself?

I have no shame in admitting that in the past I was a cavy fancier, and I am now proud to say I have dedicated myself to rescue - as I said in my first post replying to your ridiculous accusations.

Your argument is going round and round in circles. Funny how everytime I prove you wrong about something you try to come up with other claims that are invalid - as you said so yourself.

Moderators - is there anyway we can move this to a more appropriate thread? This is not why I created this thread.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.