Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Stands Cage Stand

xxdurden

Cavy Slave
I am trying to find a dresser/storage cabinet thing to build my guinea pig cage on top of. I found this ( (broken link removed) ), would it be big enough? The cage would be on top of it, secured to the top and the same size as the top. Is this enough room for two guinea pigs? There would possibly be a loft area. Thanks!

Nicks Pigs

Cavy Slave
You should probably keep looking. The depth of the stand isn't wide enough- your going to want at least 29" for the depth. Also, the recommended size for two piggies would be a 2x4 c and c cage. Hopefully this helps

xxdurden

Cavy Slave
**I forgot to add that I would be putting two of the stands next to each other to create a longer cage

4cavies

Cavy Slave
Actually, a 2x3 is minimum, 2x4 preferred, for two piggys. Either way, I wouldn't do it.... It's too narrow, and even if you bought two of them, it'd only be wide enough to make the cage one grid wide... It'd be like living in a hallway. That's if it were empty, they wouldn't be able to get around hideys or anything. Then a loft would kind of make it like living in an ant farm.They have long, plastic folding tables at Walmart. Not as pretty as these, obviously, but big enough and cheaper too.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=folding table

CavieGuy

Cavy Slave
I am trying to find a dresser/storage cabinet thing to build my guinea pig cage on top of. I found this ( (broken link removed) ), would it be big enough? The cage would be on top of it, secured to the top and the same size as the top. Is this enough room for two guinea pigs? There would possibly be a loft area. Thanks!

If you have an ikea near you, I use this:

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S49932651/

They have different lengths (very affordable) and you can buy a table cloth to cover it and use the bottom for storage.

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
You can easily make a stand with grids.

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
If you decided to use two of the Target storage thingies. You could cut a piece of plywood 11" stain/paint to match and connect with enough angle brackets to handle the weight. You'd have plenty of storage!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.