Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Thank you for this forum!!!

Cheshire Cats

Cavy Slave
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to thank everyone on this forum for all of the incredibly great info on proper care of piggies. My daughter has been wanting a pet since she was 2, and I was adamantly against getting new pets with babies for the sake of the pets. She's now almost 8 and has continued to mount a case for adding pets to our family. My husband and I are both animal lovers and Ainsley (daughter) and I came to the decision that guinea pigs would be the best pet for us. It has been a family project getting ready for them. I had them growing up in the 80's (didn't we all?!-- and ugh, I was apparently a terrible owner! hate to think about my poor little Oreo and Magnum back then knowing what I learned here!). We would always have adopted (I'm a social worker and that kind of thing is second nature), but I never would have given piggies as good a home without this forum. I made Ainsley wait 2 months while we both did research-she had a lot of reading to do, including "why are so many piggies up for adoption" articles. We got the C&C and I enlisted my seamstress mother to make fleece flippers and dozens of fleece toys, hideys, etc (thank you, youtube). And being a city girl through and through, I knew I was doomed to being a cavy slave when I found myself hauling a bale of hay into my hatchback last weekend. We get our new additions this Sunday through Have a Heart rescue--they are so lovely. Sorry for the length of this post, just wanted to say Thanks in a BIG WAY!
Thank you for this forum!!!

C. Cole-Chakotay

Cavy Slave
Congratulations on your new additions. I am very late to the guinea pig love. I didn't get my first girl, Tulip (RIP), until I was 51 years old. I love piggies!

Cheshire Cats

Cavy Slave
Thank you both. @Kelsie: I am a Philly girl since birth, with 1 two yr hiatus in Boston. I bet WA is beautiful. We are dying to get to the NW for a trip. And extra thnx for the social work love. Not the most glamorous profession, but I sure love doing it. Hoping our new pets can be stress relievers ; )

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Congratulations on your new piggies, they are adorable! Has your family named them yet?

maddy harper

Cavy Slave
hi and welcome to g p c ;d i find this forum really usefull hope you will too...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.