Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Diarrhea Tear drop poops

jasbrent

Cavy Slave
Hello I have a guinea pig who is pooping tear drop poops. I think it has something to do with to much of one type of food as I stopped feeding her veggies for a couple days and her poops came back to normal. Just need some advice here. I feed one romaine lettuce leaf and a baby carrot or two and some bell pepper. I feed this morning and night. Sometimes I feed her some cucumber, tomatoes and broccoli (not to often). Any suggestions?!

You probably already do this, but make sure you are washing the veggies really well first. If you don't, sometimes there are pesticides on them that can make her sick.

Yes I do that. What else could be bothering her?

Cut out all the veggies for 24 hours. Then add them back one by one, with 24-48 hours between each new addition. When you come to the one that's causing the problem, then drop it from her diet.

However, I'd stop feeding romaine and switch to red or green leaf lettuce -- you may ward off some urinary tract problems down the line that way. Cucumber and broccoli should be fed very seldom and in small amounts. See https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...vy-Nutrition-Charts-amp-Poisonous-Plants-List for what you can feed and how often.

Thank you! ♡

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.