Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage cage upgrade pics

NewCavyMomma

Cavy Slave
Here are some pics of my cage upgrade for my piggies

I had a midwest and bought a C&C 2x4 w/ a ramp from the cage store
I made my midwest a second level
HOLY SIZE DIFFERENCE
Also, when they ship the cage, they send scrap coro .. so I was able to make my own kitchen area for upstaris ( piggies already made a mess of it)

Should have taken pics AFTER I put them in .. don't mind the bedding and lettuce everywhere...

The piggies are VERY happy! :D

Attachments

DSC00191.jpg DSC00204.jpg DSC00197.jpg DSC00202.jpg

PumpkinPig

Cavy Slave
How cool! The piggies look happy. I like how you used the Midwest Habitat as the top level. Was it difficult to cut through the bottom of it to create room for the ramp?

NewCavyMomma

Cavy Slave
How cool! The piggies look happy. I like how you used the Midwest Habitat as the top level. Was it difficult to cut through the bottom of it to create room for the ramp?

Thank you! I did not want to waste the midwest - but it wasn't big enough for my pigs so I made it into a loft!

Nope.. it's made out of canvas.. the canvas was very easy to cut... although, I could have cut my fleece a lot neater but I was excited to get them in there! :)

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
That's awesome what a difference.

chewyguineapig

Cavy Slave
Looks great! Never noticed how small the Midwest is, and the Midwest is the biggest on the market! C&C cages are so addictive! Haha :) I started with a 2x3, upgraded to a 3x4, then added a 1x2 loft, and a 2x3 loft for a 3rd level! So I know how fun it is to expand! Do your pigs use it a lot? My piggie LOVES her two upper levels. I know some piggies don't use ramps though. Great job!

NewCavyMomma

Cavy Slave
Looks great! Never noticed how small the Midwest is, and the Midwest is the biggest on the market! C&C cages are so addictive! Haha :) I started with a 2x3, upgraded to a 3x4, then added a 1x2 loft, and a 2x3 loft for a 3rd level! So I know how fun it is to expand! Do your pigs use it a lot? My piggie LOVES her two upper levels. I know some piggies don't use ramps though. Great job!

Thank you!
I didn't realize how huge of a difference it was either until they were stacked like that!
I know I'm already thinking of my next upgrade :D I think my next will be a cage stand w/ cubbies!

chewyguineapig

Cavy Slave
I had that for a while but I found it unstable and really heavy if I needed to move the cage. I am sure you could fix those problems though!

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
I started with a 2x4 now I have added a 2x2 loft. And soon I'll be upgraded to a 2x5. I am so addicted to fleece and c&c cages. I've never seen a side by side picture of the Midwest and c&c cages. Wow what a difference.

NewCavyMomma

Cavy Slave
I had that for a while but I found it unstable and really heavy if I needed to move the cage. I am sure you could fix those problems though!

I'm thinking it would prob. be more stable if you put a bottom row of grids on the floor, and attached w/ zip ties
I'll probably order the grids somewhere cheaper and order the drawers from the cage store site

NewCavyMomma

Cavy Slave
I started with a 2x4 now I have added a 2x2 loft. And soon I'll be upgraded to a 2x5. I am so addicted to fleece and c&c cages. I've never seen a side by side picture of the Midwest and c&c cages. Wow what a difference.

Huge difference!
I definitely want more fleece!.. In cuter patterns.. right now all of my fleece is whatever was on sale when I went to get it! lol

I've made things out of fleece.. cuddle cups and cavy caves.. they want nothing to do w/ them!!

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
I have my cage attached to a stand I made from the grids. I just have some connectors on them like feet.

daisy1cow

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
How super neat. Wish I had an imagination like that! Awesome to make that the kitchen area! Perfect!
Fleece is so super addictive. I buy and buy but it is always on sale so that makes it ok, right??? I have like 20, but I also have a 2x6 for the girls and get girly patterns and a 2x7 soon to be 2x8 for the boys.

chewyguineapig

Cavy Slave
@daisy1cow Fleece is soo addictive! My mom is always like "MORE fleece!?" Haha :).

chewyguineapig

Cavy Slave
I'm thinking it would prob. be more stable if you put a bottom row of grids on the floor, and attached w/ zip ties
I'll probably order the grids somewhere cheaper and order the drawers from the cage store site
Yes it would be, mine didn't have that so it was very wobbly.

NewCavyMomma

Cavy Slave

at first they would not use it.. I tried putting food on it but they'd grab the food.. then hurry backwards to where they came from.. I came up with a simple fix.. I took they huts off of the top level and only left one up there... the one I left up there is over top of the ramp..
they rent right in.. they've been running up and down the ramp ever since!

NewCavyMomma

Cavy Slave
How super neat. Wish I had an imagination like that! Awesome to make that the kitchen area! Perfect!
Fleece is so super addictive. I buy and buy but it is always on sale so that makes it ok, right??? I have like 20, but I also have a 2x6 for the girls and get girly patterns and a 2x7 soon to be 2x8 for the boys.

Thank you -- I always tell myself, "if it's on sale, it's ok!" ;)

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Mine didn't get the hang of the ramp at first either. Now they run up and down like pros. Haha

Rywen

Cavy Slave
The cage upgrade looks really good, happy piggies!

NewCavyMomma

Cavy Slave
Not a problem.......simply put it on casters. I have a 2x5 with a 2x2 loft and it easily rolls out for cleaning. Insofar as being unstable, I built the cage and stand as separate entities and then joined them with zip ties. Heavy, yes, but super sturdy.

such a clever idea w/ wheels on bottom! love it!
I love the look of the open cages... too bad I have a cat! :(

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
@spy9doc what kind of casters do you have on the cage. Sorry for jacking this thread for a sec.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.