Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rabbits Young Bunny on Grass

CinnyMinnyMommy

Cavy Slave
Okay so I have a 8 week old bunny and I know that she can't have vegetable until she is 7 months old but I was wondering if that includes fresh cut grass??

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
7 months is a bit late, you should be able to give her some when she is 4-5 months. I wouldn't give fresh cut grass because her GI tract is changing from being able to digest milk to only having solid foods like veggies, grass would be in the category of veggies.

PrincessAngel

Cavy Slave
According to the House Rabbit Society, you can start introducing small amounts of fresh foods at 12 weeks. FAQ: Diet

Although I normally associate grass with hay in guinea pigs, since it has higher water content then hay it should be treated as a fresh food/veggie. This seems so weird to me, as I usually deal with Wild Rabbits, who mature MUCH faster than domesticated rabbits.

CinnyMinnyMommy

Cavy Slave
Sorry my bad I got my info from the same link you post but I accidentally read it wrong so yes I meant 12 weeks sorry /: so basically I can't let her outside (in an enclosed area of course) until then? I just want to make sure that I'm doing everything thats best for her :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.