Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cleaning Wood Pellets and Fleece

Faiths13

Cavy Slave
Hi
We recently made a C&C cage for our 4 piggies and the other day decided to do wood pellets. I wanted to try to lay fleece over it to see how that worked, and the piggies really love it. The problem is Im not really sure how to spot clean it. I would like to clean poo up every day or two but because the fleece is not really held down Im not sure how to do that. We just kind of tucked it behind the walls of the coroplast. Is there a better way to get the fleece to stay so I can clean it with a vacuum or small broom? Or is there a better way to clean it without a vacuum or broom? Thanks!!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I just roll my fleece out over the pellets. When I'm ready to clean, I take the fleece outside and shake it.

Short of use the fleece flippers with something stiff inside, there's no way I know of to have the fleece stay down while you're trying to vacuum it.

Faiths13

Cavy Slave
That's what I was thinking, that I would have to just take it out and shake it out. Not as easy as I hoped, but that's OK.

heather81

Cavy Slave
I use one hand to hold it down and sweep with the other hand. I have thought about trying to vacuum it the same way.

lisa325

Cavy Slave
I find it easier to pick the poop out by hand every time I walk past the cage lol, but I only have wood pellets under fleece in their kitchen area, so it's really easy to keep clean.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.