Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Why breeding should be banned.

gpigluver14

Cavy Slave
:weepy: :sorry: :sad:

d0rked

Cavy Slave
Very sad, yet very true. It is also interesting that the amount of animals in need of a home is much greater in the south than it is here (CT) in the north. I work at one of the Connecticut Humane Society's nearby, and we take animals from all accross the country because sometimes there is actually a lack of surrendered animals (especially dogs).

lynn's Cavies

Cavy Slave
Very powerful statements in that video. Very true. It makes my heart break.

squeak3r

Cavy Slave
Just type in ''guinea pigs'' on You Tube and SEE.... There are some videos that are truly disturbing... like a gunea on a family trampoline, or the dead guinea in a cage, and so forth. There is a couple of cute ones, where you can see awsome C&C cages and obviously well taken care of piggers, but most....

Alusdra

Cavy Slave
I think there's a shelter in Mass that takes animals from the south, too. I volunteered at one in PA though, and there was certainly no lack of animals there. Mostly they managed not to have to euthanize anybody that was relatively healthy and of decent temperament, but there were more than just a couple that had to go because of space issues while I was there. I hate how shelter people get the bad rep about it- they're just cleaning up other people's messes and they certainly don't like doing it. Then the people who don't go to shelters because it's "too depressing" really tick me off, too. If they went to the shelters instead of buying an animal from wherever, then there would be less people breeding.

Alusdra

Cavy Slave
YouTube helpfully showed me this movie as a preview... I just don't know what to say about it.

squeak3r

Cavy Slave
Do you mean this one? YouTube - Guinea Pig saying goodbye (warning:very sad)

It is sad, not disturbing. The woman who shot this video is one the best moms a pig could ask for. She was letting her cagmates say goodbye to their friend.

I think it was not a good idea to post that on You Tube. The act may have been sweet, but there was no need to share it with the world. And seeing dead animals should always be disturbing, no matter what the context.

However, be that as it may, I do not want to start an argument over it. I've shared my opinion, and that is all.

Fanch

Cavy Slave
Very Powerful Message:weepy:

MissCin

Cavy Slave
The guinea pig saying goodbye video is kinda disturbing. I mean I get it you know, but there is no need to video tape it and post it on the internet :unsure:

thalestral

Cavy Slave
I actually found it quite helpful - I imagine it was easier for the other pigs in the herd to go through their grieving process knowing what had happened to their friend rather than just have them disappear.

I found it quite moving.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.