Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hay where to get timothy hay in South Carolina?

Scruffy

Cavy Slave
I live in south Carolina and was wondering if anyone knew where a good place to get hay from, around here? or online would be just fine. any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

I'm in central North Carolina, and I order from KleenMama's. The shipping to here is actually more than the price of the hay itself, but it's well worth it, considering the amout and the quality. I also order her pellets.
Oxbow is also a good choice, and you can most likely find it in local stores.

Try to find a horse farmer. They should have some good quality bales of hay for way cheaper than online or even a feed store. Good luck.

I live in Wilmington NC - I get my Timothy hay from a farmer supply store, it is very inexpensive and the piggies love it. I have a local all natural pet supply store (she does not sell animals) that orders Oxbow pellets in a large quantity for me to safe money, she could also get Oxbow hay at a good price for me. I would recommend looking up farm supply stores, also you can search the Oxbow website to find local suppliers.

I also researched Purina Mazuri pellets and that is how I found 2 good local farm supply stores. I chose to do Oxbow pellets instead.

With Mazuri pellets, it has to be the 5664 ones as the others are not suitable at all. Just wanted to throw that in here in case anyone reads it.

I feed Mazuri 5664 to my own girls and have for years along with KM's hay and a good veggie diet and fresh forages when I can get them.

Thank you ponnet i am going to look up a farm supply store

Hi,
I also live in SC, Easley. I order from KleenMama's. Their hay and pellets are the best. Recently I ordered from a place in MA but the piggies just don't like the hay. They are spoiled. It is costly but once you order and order enough, it will last a while and your babies will be happy campers!

I live in NC and order from Sweet Meadow (they're on the East coast). I've ordered from KM's before (which is on the West coast), but the pigs and I prefer Sweet Meadow much more.

I would love to buy local, but circumstances don't allow for that. If you can't find a local place, I think Sweet Meadow and KM would be your best bet - I've never tried Oxbow hay, so I can't say much about that.

I just ordered hay and pellets from Sweet Meadow in Ma. The owner was very nice to me on the phone. But, my piggies aren't liking it after eating 15 pounds of Kleenmama's. They will get over it though!

There is a farm supply store in Easley, SC that sells a 50 lb bale of Timothy hay for $13! I haven't bought any yet b/c we still have a bag full, but I will definitely be trying it out! It is called Riddle Farm supply.

I order from Kleenmama, too, and even with the shipping costing more than the hay, it's less than at the local stores. If you go to the different product sites such as Oxbow and Mazuri, they often list local distributors so you know where to find the products.

You can also check for feed and grain stores such as Blue Seal Feeds, Agway and Tractor Supply Company, and see which arein your area. If you call them, they can tell you what brands they carry. Our Tractor Supply Company doesn't sell Oxbow, but Blue Seal Feeds does. Agway doesn't as they sell their own brand of products. I think TSC sells Kaytee, but I'm not sure.

If you live near a rural area, you can check for farmers that sell hay, and possibly get a bale for very little. You can also talk to Blue Seal Feeds about buying in bulk, but I didn't find it was any less at our's.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.