Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Where to get one?

Kristi

Cavy Slave
Hi! What a great forum; I'm so glad I found this. A few questions. We are considering getting a guinea pig and I was on here getting the information about the right size cage and supplies, etc...we need for one and I was reading all the opinions about not getting them from pet stores, but rescuing them. Where do I do that at? I'm in Ohio, so if anyone can tell me where to get information on how to get one from somewhere other than a pet store that would be great. Also, I love the idea of building a cage! I know my hubby could totally do that, but is there somewhere on here with specific instructions on how to do it? Thank so much for your help!

Kristi

Katie

Cavy Slave
Hi Kristi,

You post should actually be in the cavy chat, but I'm sure they will get it moved, don't worry about it!

There are many pigs for adoption in Ohio, may I ask what part of Ohio you're in? I currently have a bonded pair boars for adoption, they are about 6 months old. If your interested, let me know. I'm in the Akron area. If you are too far from me, I know of many other pigs needing homes.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Hello! You definately need to get two, that is a must!

ChadWPB

Cavy Slave
Getting a pair of pigs rather than one provides a far superior experience for both pigs and humans.

Pigs can be very playful with other pigs and watching the competition for the best piece of romaine lettuce is priceless.

Kristi

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the replies. Sorry about posting in the wrong spot; I will post on the other one too I guess. Katie, I am near Sandusky; about 3 hours away from Akron. Do you know of any places around here I could get one? Thanks again to all of you for the the other suggestions. Wasn't really planning on getting 2 pigs, but I guess I should reconsider. Heading off to read how to make a cage now......and get my hubby to the store for supplies. ;-)

Kristi

Katie

Cavy Slave
This little girl is 18 minutes from you.

(broken link removed)

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
Yes, check petfinder and cavyrescue.com. Also check out guinealynx.com placement forums. I love that cutie above. It says her adoption fee is free to good home during the month of March, which is adopt a rescued gp month.

Kristi

Cavy Slave
Thanks everyone! And yes, that little girl is adorable, as are ALL the ones I've found in the last day. I actually found a woman that needs to get rid of her 4 pigs b/c of health issues she is having. She is just very concerned they go to a good home; and she already has them paired up AND she is close to me! It's like fate! So, I'm still investigating that and I will be sure to post pics of our new family members when we finally decide. Like I said, I just want to really be sure we know what the heck we're doing before so we can take care of these little critters the right way. Thanks again for all the friendly advice. You guys are great!

Kristi

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.