Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rehoming When and How to Rehome?

audizzy

Cavy Slave
My guinea pig gave birth to four babies on November 19th, they will be turning 3 weeks this Saturday. It's two females and two males. I'm already planning on moving the males to a separate cage.

I would like some advice on how to rehome the babies. How do you find the right potential owners? What do you do if nobody wants them?

I might be keeping one female. I wish I could keep them all but I already have 3 adults. It's going to be so hard to give them away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd post on the Adoption forums here, and look for reputable rescues and shelters nearby. Make sure they vet potential adopters very thoroughly. You can also post on sites like Craigslist and Kijiji and interview potential adopters yourself, making sure that the babies will have a big enough cage, a good diet, plenty of attention, vet care if needed, etc. Make sure to charge an adoption fee to prevent anyone skeevy from taking advantage of free animals. Good luck, I can't imagine how hard it must be to give them away.

I live in Germany though :/

Germany probably has similar services that I don't know about, and I'm sure you still have animal shelters. If nothing else, maybe you can find friends to help and foster them while you look for potential adopters.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.