Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chat What are your guinea pig's names?

Maplepig

Cavy Slave
Hello! I just wanted to ask:
What are the names of your guinea pigs?
Where did those names come from?
(If you have like 20 guinea pigs, you don't have to tell the stories behind ALL the names.)

I have two guinea pigs, both males. Maple was my first guinea pig, and there is a reason that his name sounds girly. When we first got him, we thought he was a girl. He wasn't. When I first found out that he was a boy, I thought of changing his name to something like Walnut. Once my brother had suggested "Walnut-of-Doom", I decided that Maple would be fine.

My other guinea pig is Steve. (Not Steven. He was named by my younger brother, after the minecraft character.) Later my sister said that he looked like a "Rocky" or a "Duffel." Several more names were added, and now he has a very long name. His name is Steve Rocky Duffel Louis Trevor Rumplepump George Dorris. (In case you're wondering, my last name is NOT Dorris.) Please reply with your piggies' names!

jaycriae

Cavy Slave
That's cute!
My guinea pigs are Odeta, Theo, and Bitters. Odeta's name I made up because it suited her, but it turned out to be an actual Greek name later when I looked it up. Theodore I didn't even have to think about her name, it just jumped out at me, even though she's a sow and I knew that from when we got her.

Bitters was originally named Prieta when I adopted her, and I called her that for awhile, but it got confusing having both an Odeta and a Prieta, so I nicknamed her Bitters after a character from a show I'd just been watching. I don't watch the show anymore, but she still has the name!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PopcorningPigs

Cavy Slave
haha, that's cute! I have three girls Acorn, Autumn, & Pumpkin. All named after my favorite season, fall! Acorn got her name originally from her markings on her back, and the other two ended up following suite with the autumn names :3 Funny story.. my sister actually owned Autumn at first, and gave her the name Unicorn. But whenever I got her I changed it! 009.jpg

sherri86

Cavy Slave
my boys are
brucy (lost him last year)
root beer aka rooty
coco
buddy
percy
goat aka g man
the fuzz aka fuzzy

sherri86

Cavy Slave
very pretty guinea
popcoringpigs ;-)

PopcorningPigs

Cavy Slave
thanks! I was wanting to show the Acorn I was talking about : )

Nikkipig

Cavy Slave
I have three girls, Nikki, Callie, and Dakota. Nikki and Callie got those names because I liked the sound of them. Dakota's name comes from the fact that we got her in South Dakota (I live in Ohio). Her nickname is Kodi.

Tgrady

Cavy Slave
Cheeseburgers and Frenchfries. They're my Happy Meal n_n

Cheeseburgers came to me with that name. A few months later I met the sweetest little lady at the shelter. Her name was Happy. I took her home and renamed her, because what's a cheeseburger without French fries?

hallowjays

Cavy Slave
Hi I have three boys and two girls plus my guinea pal who died recently who name was Charlie Snowball (white ball of fluff )then there are the girls Penny Squeaker (James bond money penny and she also loves to popcorn and squeak)and Amy Pond(Dr Who)
Then the boys Rory Whiskers ( also Dr who he was called Riversong yes rooky mistake thinking he was a she)and then the twins Hunky and Dory (because they always look happy)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

PalswithPiggies

Cavy Gazer
Well I have nine! 7 females and two neutered boars. :)

Females:
Esther
Phoebe
Ruby
Mabel
Molly
Nelly
Stella

Males:
Potter
Stuey

<3 <3

sallyvh

Cavy Slave
I have Margaret, Mavis, Olive, Penelope, Alice and Daisy.

No real reason behind me choosing these specific names, all of my pets have always had human names though so I wanted to continue the tradition. I'm also a huge fan of old fashioned names!

Daisy is the only one whose name I kept from the shelter. When I brought her home I wasn't sure if I was going to be keeping her and I didn't want to give her a name if it didn't work out (she was a foster to adopt situation). After a couple weeks, once I knew she was a permanent addition, I debated on changing it but I had been calling her Daisy and it just stuck.

kcake67

Cavy Slave
Right now I only have Batman. He is getting a new friend in February though! The reason his name is Batman is because he is solid black, with two white feet. He was very brave when we got him and took about a week to tame. He's sort of a punk, so I thought the name fit!

trailhermit

Cavy Slave
I have Guinea who was originally named after Guiness and Gus Gus. Gus was renamed apon adoption because his bottom kept getting stuck whenever he went into a hidey. It reminded us of Gus the mouse from Cinderella!

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
My boys names:

Pooper (nickname, original name long forgotten, he passed away in October)

Sly (I knew what his name would be before I got him. Knew exactly what I wanted in a pig and found him first time out. Turned out he is rather sly!)

Punkin (orange and white and he came home October 30th last year, so Halloween theme.)

Scooter (Ron White the comedian has a saying, "I don't think so, scooter. We were trying out names for him and one I came up with, That's the answer I got, so Scooter he became lol) He also came home October 30th, He and Punkin are from the same litter.

RedBullBabe

Cavy Slave
We have five:-

Barry Allen - aka The Flash
Kara (Danvers) - Supergirl

And my adoptees came with:

Elsa - Frozen
Peppa - Peppa Pig
Leia (Princess) - Star wars

Not sure if the adoptees names suit their personality, might change them, despite liking the names myself.

clmyers31

Cavy Slave
Hello! I just wanted to ask:
What are the names of your guinea pigs?
Where did those names come from?
(If you have like 20 guinea pigs, you don't have to tell the stories behind ALL the names.)

I have two guinea pigs, both males. Maple was my first guinea pig, and there is a reason that his name sounds girly. When we first got him, we thought he was a girl. He wasn't. When I first found out that he was a boy, I thought of changing his name to something like Walnut. Once my brother had suggested "Walnut-of-Doom", I decided that Maple would be fine.

My other guinea pig is Steve. (Not Steven. He was named by my younger brother, after the minecraft character.) Later my sister said that he looked like a "Rocky" or a "Duffel." Several more names were added, and now he has a very long name. His name is Steve Rocky Duffel Louis Trevor Rumplepump George Dorris. (In case you're wondering, my last name is NOT Dorris.) Please reply with your piggies' names!

That's a fun question! My first piggie I had when I was a kid was named Ebony because he was black. The inspiration came from the song 'Ebony and Ivory'. We never did get him a white, Ivory friend like originally planned.

My current pigs I adopted. Gibby came with that name but I changed it to a more distinguished name, Mr. Gibbs. He's very confident and outgoing so I think if he were a human he would be a very successful career man. 👨‍[emoji161][emoji1]But, of course, "Gibby" is still a good nickname for Mr. Gibbs so we still use that sometimes.

I named Teddy because he is a teddy bear breed with really fuzzy, course hair. He's my and Mr. Gibbs' little teddy bear! [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eternalpnk

Cavy Slave
My guinea pigs names are Frosty, Penny, Penelope, and Snowball. Frosty was named by the animal shelter I got her from, but I never changed it because I didn't know what to name her. My second pig was named Penny because I thought it suited her. My third pig Penelope was named by my nieces because she had the same coloring as Penny and they wanted the names to be similar. My last guinea pig I named Snowball because that's what I told my nieces if I get another white guinea pig like Frosty.

My Squeakhearts

Cavy Slave
Our first two guinea pigs were Cinnamon Fuzz and Shooting Star. Cinnamon Fuzz (Cindy, Cin-Cin, or Cindy Loo Who for short) was an auburn Aby, the big boss of the cage.
Her best friend Shooting Star was a black piggie with a white crest and white streak on her nose, like a shooting star! Not to mention how speedy fast she was!
Then we got Genevieve. We gave her a human name because, well, I'm not really sure but it's a cute name for a cute pig!
Next came the dark brown Teddy with swirls of caramel and vanilla. Our little cup of coffee was named Starbucks, because she looked like a cup of coffee!
After Shooting Star passed, Starlight's name was in honor of the big sis she never got to meet (and her beatiful blond fur!)
Pepper La Pue is named after Pepe La Pue, the cartoon skunk from Loony Tunes. She has a skunk stripe down her back, so it suits her very well!
Finally, Miss Charlotte Bumblebee. I wanted to name her Bumblebee, but Charlotte was a cute name too...I don't know where the Miss came from, but that's her name!

guineashark

Cavy Slave
My oldest pig is named Jedi (even though he's the opposite)
After him I adopted Buster (he kept his shelter name) and Falcon (aka guineashark). Not sure why we named her Falcon since she's a coward, but she gets guineashark because of a cowlick that makes her look like she has a dorsal fin!
The youngest is Mocha because her colors remind me of coffee and she is energetic.
The newest addition is Patches because he's all while except for the patch of brown on his face and his butt.

Mnamomma

Cavy Slave
We have a Lovely and a Liza {like Minnelli &#55357;&#56834;}

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.