Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Vitamin C liquid and fresh plain water?

JohnnyBaby

Cavy Slave
Hi, can someone help me regarding my guinea pig's drinks. I bought a vitamin C liquid to be mixed with their water, what i noticed is that whenever i mixed it, they drink it in a very small amount that could last about 2days. But if I provide fresh plain Water, it could last of about only a day. i wonder what is wrong?

They probably don't like the taste and if you leave it in there for too long it goes bad. It would be better to just offer clean fresh water and not use vit. C in the water. It is very hard to clean out the water bottle nozzle so it grows bacteria quickly. Offering fresh veggies and feeding fresh high quality guinea pig pellets would be better.

Alright, thanks for the advice! :)

The vitamin C you put in their water is useless in less than an hour. You can get plain vitamin C tablets and crush them over their lettuce, or give 1/4 of the children's chewable tablet (NOT a multivitamin). But nothing in the water -- you're wasting your money that way.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.