Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Vet Trip Tomorrow

thistlewriter

Cavy Slave
I have a quick question. I'm taking my boys to the vet tomorrow for a check-up (I got a free one courtesy of the rescue where they came from). The only other time they've been in a carrier in the car was when I brought them home and had a passenger in the back seat to keep the carrier stable. This time, I won't have anyone with me, and I'm worried about keeping the carrier stable while I drive. I can't buckle it in because the seat belts aren't long enough, and I can't put the carrier on the floor of the car because there's no room.

Any suggestions for keeping a large cat carrier stable on a long car ride?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Put it on the floor of the front seat.

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
If it doesn’t fit on the floor in the front, set it on the back seat. Wrap a couple of bungee cords or ropes around it top to bottom. Slip the seatbelt under the cords and clip it together.

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
I don't understand why you need to transport them in a large carrier? I use a small one that two cavies can comfortably fit in and simply strap it in the front passenger seat with the seatbelt/shoulder harness. That way I can reach in for a reassuring pat now and then.

thistlewriter

Cavy Slave
I don't understand why you need to transport them in a large carrier? I use a small one that two cavies can comfortably fit in and simply strap it in the front passenger seat with the seatbelt/shoulder harness. That way I can reach in for a reassuring pat now and then.

I have a large carrier because it's the cat carrier my family's used for years and I figured it would be better than buying a brand-new one.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.