Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Vet cost in Alberta Canada

Leo45

Cavy Gazer
I’m new here so sorry.

I was wondering what the vet cost was for Guinea pigs in Alberta. I have 3 Guinea pigs that have red and white pumps in the nose I don’t know what they are I thought it was fungus so I started cleaning it and using anti fungus cream but I still want to take them to a vet to see if they can help but before that I want to make sure that I have enough money to pay for the check up and medication if needed

You can post a picture of the noses and see if anyone can identify the problem.

The only way you're going to know about costs is to call and ask. Vet cost vary widely across any geographic area, and even within the same city. I once had a guinea pig that needed a bladder stone removed, and got estimates ranging between $450 and $2400, all within 20 miles of my home.

Here a photo of one of their nose it has gotten better since I started to use it Vet cost in Alberta Canada

Looks like fungus to me.

You can get an antifungal medicine at any pharmacy and apply it sparingly with a q-tip. Rub it in well, and treat it twice a day.

See https://guinealynx.info/fungus.html

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.