Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Urinating and pooping while petting?

Shieme

Cavy Slave
Okay is that normal? We have gotten so close. I feed her by hand a lot and now while petting, she goes to the bathroom. Is this good? She also has now started chewing the bars but doesn't want out of cage. Shiemi is only happy in her cage.

They go whenever and wherever they want.

LOL, that's funny.

I get half temped to put diapers on them when I have them out lol.

Little handmade fleece diapers. Heh.

You can just put a towel on your lap, or buy a fancy homemade "lap pad" like I didlol Keeps the piggy droppings under control!

Little handmade fleece diapers. Heh.
Don't tempt me further. I uave a sewing machine and I know how to use it. LOL

Mine don't pee everywhere either but floor time gets a tad messy haha.

For many of my piggies, I've put multiple layers of towels on my lap while having them out for lap time. Some of them will back up off of the towel when needing to pee so that my pants take a direct hit. When I'm working with kids who are looking to adopt some of our piggies, I always tell them that they're going to get peed and pooped on - just expect it. Don't get excited and jump up.

This is in the cage. She doesn't like being picked up. She can run away and pee/poop away from me but she has no shame. That's why I think this is weird. I can hand feed her. We play. She gets upset if I'm in the room awake and not sitting next to her. She actually today slept near me.

What do you mean, no shame? She's a guinea pig, for goodness sake! Did you expect her to go hide somewhere every time she has to pee and poop?

No. I thought they didn't like being vulnerable. And when I say no shame, she is bold. God love her, she makes me laugh!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.