Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Upper deck fleece and underbedding

BubuCandyBlue

Cavy Slave
What do you use underneath the upper deck fleece? I was thinking of buying a mattress pad and cutting it on size and sowing it on the sides...just I am hoping the filling won't spread, especially when I wash it. Need your tips!

wheeek

Cavy Slave
you could use towels.

BubuCandyBlue

Cavy Slave
Towels I am using now. In the weekend I am adding an upper deck to the other side of the cage (they already have one on one side). I am just concerned by the fact they have the kitchen area in there (the upper deck) with no litter, it is easier for me to feed them there on fleece. They poo and pee a lot there. But they poo and pee even more down, where they have kiln dried aspen (that is why I have no litter up) and they like some areas over there because of privacy reasons.

breezy2

Cavy Slave
I use cardboard, then a layer of newspaper, one of towels and then my fleece. I put holes in the heavy cardboard and zip tied it to the grids. I only have to change the cardboard every month or so, because I layer the other stuff enough that it doesn't get the cardboard too wet if at all.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.