Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Trying to get a 2nd pig!

Blog entry from old forum

willowsmom

Cavy Slave
Hi guys! So I have one guinea pig her name is willow and I love her very much :D I would love to get another piggie but there's a problem... my mom. She dosn't think willow needs a friend even though pigs are social and NEED another pig. But my mom is so stubborn she says she dosn't need a friend and that I need to stop complaning. But i know willow would be so much happier so can you guys help I really need suggestions. Thanks :cheerful:

Show her articles listed on cavyspirit.com about the social life of Guinea Pigs.

Offer to do chores in exchange for getting Willow a second friend.

I did that, my mom is deciding. I might get another piggie after vacation.

Yeah, just tell your mom, "I promise to do the laundry or the dishes in exchange for a new guinea pig to adopt." You know, like that!

She'll probably say yes. I know I would! Good luck!

ask her how she would feel if she had to live alone in a cage, and she had nobody else that could speak her language, and relate to her? And make a show of being responsible with Willow (which you most likely already are), and show her infomation about them

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.