Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Travel cages - would 1x1 or 1x2 C&C work?

Quaestor

Cavy Slave
If one made a 1x1 or 1x2 C&C cage with grids on the bottom would this work as a travel cage? Probably higher than the regular 6 inch sides for the Coroplast.

I've done this before. If I can find pics, I'll post them. I'd make it a 1x2. For mine, I didn't even put coroplast, I just put a few layers of towels. Be sure to cable tie/zip tie it like crazy, you don't want it to fall apart.

I wouldn't go with anything smaller than a 1x2.

What would be the smallest weekend travel cage I could get away with for two piggies? Would a 2x2 be okay? If I had to I could make a 2x3 but it's a pain in the but to lug around, even when collapsed.

Thank you for the feedback.

I am 100% certain that there are 3 places for a 1x1 and 95% certain there is 1 place that will fit a 1x2 in the car. Going to be doing some testing later. This is the reason I asked about both.

My pigs and I travel a lot and we actually have a store-bought cage just for use in the car. It is about 1 x 2 or 1x2.5 and works great! It takes up about half the backseat but allows my two pigs two play, hide, and eat comfortably for longer trips but still leaves room in the car for all of our other things! Are your pigs going to by staying in the travel cage even outside the car? If they are, I would try giving them extra playtime outside the cage so they dont get bored.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.