Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General transportation for baby

GuineaGal2013

Cavy Slave
As many of you know I am getting a new piggy on Monday. We are so excited. We decided to take our pet store cage to transport her in (as transport is pretty much all they are good for lol). We will be picking her up probably about 2:00 but I have classes until about 8:00 (usually get done earlier than that, but that is how late my class is SUPPOSED to run) and then we have an hour drive home (my fiance has the day off and will be taking baby pig to my mom's house while I am in class).

My question is should we take one of our girls with us to keep B'Elanna company while she waits to go home, or do we need to introduce her to both the girls at the same time so as not to screw with herd dynamics? If we should take another pig, should we take the more dominate pig or the more submissive pig?

Ok, here is my suggestion: Put B'Elanna in a space ship. Arm her with a light saber(*whoozsh whoozsh*) and some space food with some of those fuzzy mini bears or whatever as crew memebers. Give her the destination as your house. Now the fiance doesn't have to drive the hour and she can drive in intergalactic space. Oh, and make sure she avoids the Death Star. I hear that tey are big into zapping up passing sapce ships.

Or... you could do it the boring way and pack her with nice cuddle cups in the travel carrier. I wouldn't bring another pig because you still have to quarentine, and introduce them all anyways so I suggest having just the baby. I honestly feel like the first idea is better though... You don't have to be a human to control a space ship...or own a light saber.

*whoozsh whoozsh*

@YourSoJelly with babies they suggest skipping the quarantine period so they can be with big piggies. Plus, I have been in contact with Lisa for weeks. I know she is healthy.

Oh. Ok. Then you can plop her on a space ship an send her home! :D

I would wait to do introductions once she arrives home. You don't want to have them both in a tiny cage when they are first meeting because what if there are problems? We will need pigtures of course:p!

transportation for baby
This is the very first picture I saw of her and I fell in love instantly. I will most definitely post pictures as soon as I can. I promised Jelly that I would instagram pics as soon as I got to see her :)

Your presence is being requested in chat boo boo!

I'm there B :p

Oh my goodness, she looks like my Sheldon's mini-me!!! Here is Sheldon:
transportation for baby

View attachment 43645
This is the very first picture I saw of her and I fell in love instantly. I will most definitely post pictures as soon as I can. I promised Jelly that I would instagram pics as soon as I got to see her :)
Oh my, she is gorgeous! Look at that beautiful crest!

Ahh! She is too cute :cheerful: I love her name lol I hope everything goes well with picking her up, and then the introductions to your other pigs!

AWWW! She is adorable!

I just know with babies it is best to have them with other piggies, so I wasn't sure if I should take a piggy with so she didn't have to be alone for so long.

Okay all... today is the day :D :D :D My fiance is picking her up at 2:00 (I will be in class at this time). I am trying to talk him into coming to get me on my break so that I can see her. Will post pics when I can, but I am in classes all day today so that might not happen til later. If you are following me on instagram, I will post pics as soon as I get to see her :) We took the pet store cage lined with fleece. Left both the other piggies at home. Brought food, water, hay, and veggies so that she will be well cared for even before we get home. Did not bring a hidey, but we r buying a new (bigger) pigloo off of her current owner (plus she is bringing B'Elanna's favorite snuggle sack with so that she can feel at home). Did I forget anything?

Yay!!! Can't wait to see pics!!!

Awesome! I can't wait for pigtures! lol

@lovingmypiggies sent me a picture with the caption "Getting ready to get into the car to meet mama!!!"
transportation for baby
So excited to actually meet her >.< time needs to hurry

View attachment 43645

O M G !! How can you not love that little face??? My girls were a year and a half when I got them so I have never been around a baby. How cute!! :love:

O M G !! How can you not love that little face??? My girls were a year and a half when I got them so I have never been around a baby. How cute!! :love:

My youngest guinea I have had in my possession was 3 months old. So first time with one THIS little

@GuineaGal2013 OMG! She is soooooooooooooo cute! You are too lucky. What a sweet little face and funny little crest. If I were there I would have to take the whole litter!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.