Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Play Toy Suggestions?

brittttaaannyyy

Cavy Slave
I just bought my guinea a new cage that she does great in, but I also bought a playpen pop-up cage for exercise. In her normal cage she has her hay container, bowl for food, bowl for water (in addition to the water bottle on the side of her cage), bowl for veggies, corner potty tray, igloo house, and some small wood chews, in addition to a few hanging on her cage.
My question is - what kind of toys or exercise items do your guineas like? I saw a log-like toy that is just a tunnel I was thinking of getting for her pop-up cage, but I'm looking for more ideas! She doesn't seem to care for the wood chews. :/ Thanks in advance!

brittttaaannyyy

Cavy Slave
This is her playpen cage! Currently just took stuff from herother cage. 20170310_140306.jpg

jaycriae

Cavy Slave
The best entertainment and exercise for a guinea pig is another guinea pig. My girls rarely play with anything but each other, they love to goof off and chase each other around.

If that's not an option for you, those tubes that oatmeal comes in can be fun, if you punch out the bottom. Be prepared for it to be eaten over time, though. Toilet paper tubes can also be good as long as your pig is big enough not to get her head stuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Don't waste your money on toys -- I've never had a guinea pig play with one at all.

brittttaaannyyy

Cavy Slave
Oatmeal tube! That's a great idea! Thank you! Just looking for enrichment, really. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.