Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Tornadoes heading our way!

SheWolfSilver

Cavy Slave
Tornadoes are starting to pop up here in Oklahoma south of us possibly moving our way! I've got everything but the piggies in the shelter. I plan on scooping them up at the last minute when we go. Wish us luck and say a prayer!

nibbler100

Cavy Slave
im prays for you!

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
Prayers coming out your way! Tornadoes terrify me. I grew up in the Midwest and thought I escaped them in FL, but they're just as bad here. My horseshoer's teen daughter was killed in one a few years ago. We don't have basements here, which I hate. I'm so glad you're all ready to seek shelter and have everything prepared. Hopefully you won't need to take cover, but best to be ready.

SheWolfSilver

Cavy Slave
First two waves are passed us we come in to check the weather situation and to use the rest room! Another round is coming so far the house is still standing and the guinea pigs are happily munching hay in the pet carrier.

AussiePiggies

Cavy Slave
Love that you are so organised the piggies haven't even noticed and keep on munching! I can't imagine how terrifying tornadoes must be in person, we don't have them here and all our info about them comes from Hollywood.. flying cows etc :eye-poppi.. I'm gald you ave a shelter to sit it out in.
Stay safe! I hope it bypasses you and leaves your home alone!

Aleks

Cavy Slave
My family lives in Oklahoma, any idea if it's supposed to go anywhere near Disney?

piggiepigpigs75

Cavy Slave
You are in my prayers. I live in Massachusetts and a few years ago, I panicked and took my gerbils to the basement with my family this was before I had pigs

Mowgs

Cavy Slave
And this is why I'm glad I didn't go to Ok State for vet school.I'd be freaking out. Hope you and the piggies will be okay through the night!

SheWolfSilver

Cavy Slave
My family lives in Oklahoma, any idea if it's supposed to go anywhere near Disney?
Ummm I don't know. I've never heard of Disney, Oklahoma. I live in Chickasha which is just southwest of Oklahoma City. There's a line from OKC south marching across Oklahoma. If that helps any.

SheWolfSilver

Cavy Slave
Love that you are so organised the piggies haven't even noticed and keep on munching! I can't imagine how terrifying tornadoes must be in person, we don't have them here and all our info about them comes from Hollywood.. flying cows etc :eye-poppi.. I'm gald you ave a shelter to sit it out in.
Stay safe! I hope it bypasses you and leaves your home alone!
Everything I think is past us now! I thank God for hubby! He built pens for the dogs and then put a bench on top. It is soooo cool! Then the cats and guinea pigs were in carriers. I have a video uploading of the piggies after I brought them in uploading as soon as it's finished I'll post it.

AussiePiggies

Cavy Slave
Everything I think is past us now! I thank God for hubby! He built pens for the dogs and then put a bench on top. It is soooo cool! Then the cats and guinea pigs were in carriers. I have a video uploading of the piggies after I brought them in uploading as soon as it's finished I'll post it.
Oh wow, that sounds like a brilliant set up!! Can't wait to see your video! Glad all is ok there now!! :D

AussiePiggies

Cavy Slave
Yay! Your piggies look very relaxed about it all :D

Artista

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
How scary. I've never been in severe weather country. I live in CA and have only felt small earthquakes thus far. Glad all is well!

SheWolfSilver

Cavy Slave
I guess we were VERY lucky there's a barn down the road from us that blew down!

SheWolfSilver

Cavy Slave
Yikes more severe storms expected this weekend! Let's hope they aren't too severe!

mortyandtrixie

Cavy Slave
Eek! Stay safe! I'm in Nebraska so Ik what you're going through. We had baseball sized hail 2 weeks ago.

AussiePiggies

Cavy Slave
Yikes on the tornadoes and baseball sized hail! Stay safe again! Thoughts are with you :)

SheWolfSilver

Cavy Slave
Well, the storms didn't happen but it is supposed to get cold again! 73 one day and then down to the 40s the next! Is spring and summer ever going to get here?

SkippyQ

Cavy Slave
Glad you're ssafe we had a few tornados last week,ready for summer so tornado season will be over with

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.