Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Diet Too Much Veggies?

brittttaaannyyy

Cavy Slave
Luna is about a year old. Not sure if that factors into anything. I want to make sure she isn't getting too many vegetables a day.

Once a day, she gets 25 grams of cilantro, two leaves of romaine hearts (less than 25 grams probably), one baby carrot, and 25 grams of yellow bell pepper in addition to her 1/8cup pellets according to the bag of pellets and Timothy hay all the time. I give her 25 grams of blueberries or one strawberry once or twice a week.

Does all this sound okay? I've referenced that great chart on what they can eat for veggies and leafy greens and fruits which is why I've chosen the amounts of each.

Rnd210

Cavy Slave
She should be getting 1 cup of veggies a day, and it looks like she needs more variety of veggies, she needs green leaf lettuce and red leaf lettuce, yellow, green, and red bell peppers, zucchini, cucumbers, cilantro, cherry tomatoes and fruits are best reserved for an accasional treats.

1 cup of veggies is equal to about 340g and it looks like you are giving about 75 grams which is less than 1/4 a cup of veggies a day.

brittttaaannyyy

Cavy Slave
Whoa! I thought it was too much! Well, great! I'll get on it! Thank you!

Rnd210

Cavy Slave
The best way to make sure you are only giving one cup of veggies is not by weight just fill a one cup measuring cup with the veggies that you want to feed her and then give to her but I think most Peale don't really measure it out they tend to give about a hand ful or two and that is usually good. I normally just give my two girls a handful each in the morning and again in the evening. Between both feedings it equals about 2 cups a day. But mine get a lot of variety, they are up to eating about 10- 12 different veggies now.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.