Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General The truth

MishImpossible

Cavy Slave
Ok, I haven't been the most truthful with you all but I am now. Please read all of the post before replying, thanks in advance. I got my guinea pigs before I found this website, and over here I assumed guinea pigs had always been kept outside. Again before I found this website I made a huge shed for my piggies, and a wooden cage that was put inside. I kept it open all day so they could roam 24/7. When I read about c&c cages and realised that I had no space to build one, I didn't want to get rid of them just because I wasn't able to build a cage indoors. If it was going to be a really cold night I do bring them indoors and keep them in a temporary cage (not big enough for a full time thing).
I put extra hay and fleece down to keep them warm of a night, and they have been ok so far. I also bought these heat pads that you heat up and last for a good few hours (I make sure there not to hot and I wrap them up in blankets to, so they don't get to hot) I also give them loads of attention as expected anyway, and I bring them inside the house for lap time. I follow all the advice on this forum and think its a great place, I just didn't want to tell you all my guinea pigs cage as I was ashamed that I didn't find this website before I built the shed etc. I wish I had space in the house to keep them but I don't think it is possible. I love my piggies, when I got them I made the commitment to look after them for their whole life.
I'm posting this to hear what you all have to say, I'm sorry for not telling you all sooner.

It was very brave of you to write your post. I often am afraid to mention details about my guinea pigs as there is always a lot of strong opinions floating about on forums about what you're doing is wrong blah blah blah and it's easy to feel bad about yourself even though you're just trying to do the best by your piggies. Your attitude is awesome though! You know what you should be doing but due to circumstances, you're not able to.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.