Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog The Search for a New Companion

Blog entry from old forum

BaiBai

Cavy Slave
Recently, I lost my lovely Sophia to a tragic accident. But, due to our loss, my baby Peanut has been left alone. Both my mom and I have been searching for a perfect match for her, but it has been proven very hard. We have been searching online at all the shelters and personal ads near our town and have found a few that we are planning to look into. I am trying to find an older, female guinea pig that is in need of a new companion. I hope that if we get her a new companion, Peanut will befriend her quickly so that I won't worry about her getting too lonely when I am at school and there being no one to pay attention to her. Peanut is a love hog in a sense; the problem I had earlier is that she always seemed to get jealous or needy when I would be trying to give Sophia some one-on-one time. She also always refused to take her vitamin C tablet unless Sophia got hers first(for some odd reason). I hope that with a new companion that things can go back to normal a bit.
I recently found an older female guinea that matched exactly what I was searching for for Peanut, but upon looking at where she was located, it was proven that there was no way to get her (she was over 8 hours away). There is a single guinea pig up for adoption at the shelter near my house, but my mom doesn't want to get a Abyssinian guinea pig due to their long hair. I found many more listings that I just fell in love with the guinea, but she was already part of a bonded pair and my mom said I could only take a single guinea pig in (I would never split up a pair) because she said it wouldn't be fair to Peanut to have two that already know each other and her being the odd one out. The options at this very moment seem very limited, but I will not result into going to Petco for a guinea. I got Sophia there 3 years back and it seemed to be fine; no illnesses or diseases. Soon after that, my friend got two peruvian guinea pigs from there, and they both were carrying some type of illness. I am just in search of a guinea that is in need of a good home.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.