Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

The Chronicles of Chalmette

socal805

Cavy Slave
Oh Chalmette that first picture is the best one of you yet! You are a beautiful girl! I am so glad that you had fun at the park, it sounds like it was a very good day. Thanks for keeping us posted with your stories and pictures. Reading about you makes me laugh and cry and I check several times a day to see if you've updated! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

PigWooBus

Cavy Slave
I was about to say the same, I love the first picture, with her nose right up to the camera and you can really see her big brown eyes. I actually couldn't tell what size dog she was until I saw the picture of her standing next to the kids, so that was nice since I was trying to figure out. I love hearing the story! It sounds like she is doing well. I liked the part when she brought the toy out to play with.

RayFay

Cavy Slave
Wow Chalmette! You get prettier everyday!! It sure sounds like the nice lady is taking good care of you :)

fourboys4now

Cavy Slave
Oh, I love the first picture of her and her beautiful collar and new tag. How could someone look at that sweet face and be mean to her? She just looks like she has so much personality in her pictures. I think her last *human* and I use that word very loosely, needs to be tied up and horse whipped for neglecting this beautiful little lady.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Good morning!

This will be a rather short update (for now) because the lady doesn't have much time on the computer right now and she could lose her internet-thingie at any time.

I just really had to let you all know something. I finally got the lady to listen to me. I said earlier that I wished humans would speak more clearly and listen better. Well it took me several days to make the lady understand hear what I was telling her and I think she finally got it. She's pretty smart as far as humans go.

Last night I followed the lady upstairs to the room where that big soft this is--the thing I saw when she put me in that big bowl and got me all wet. That room really smells like her a lot. She went on the side of the big thing and started doing something. I couldn't see very well so I jumped up on that big thing (finally) and watched her from up there. I have to tell you that big thing is soft! The lady looked at me any told me not to get any ideas. I have LOTS of ideas, I wonder which one she's talking about.

As I watched I saw the lady setting up a cage. I hoped really hard that maybe she was doing it for me and that she finally understood me. Once she was finished to lifted me down to ground and showed me what she had done. I sniffed it and saw my toy laying inside of it. I stepped in to check it out. The bad in there was real soft. I laid right down and curled up in it. The lady said "good girl" and then closed he door of the cage part way and laid down on the big soft thing right next to me but higher up. I watched her but I didn't move.

After a few minutes she got up, opened the door and said "good girl" again. Then we went downstairs to feed the mewling things, I get to help her do that now but I'll tell you about it later.

After she was all done she went upstairs and took me with her. I was so hoping she wasn't going to take me back down and make me sleep in the cage down there all alone.

When she changed her skin and finished splashing water on her face and mouth she took me back into the room with the new cage. I walked right into it and laid down to show her that I wanted to sleep there. She said kind things to me again then closed the door and laid down in the big soft thing. Eventually she made it get all dark in the room. I sighed and fell asleep.

I woke up a couple of times during the night and looked up at her to make sure she was sill there (she was!) so I went back to sleep. A little while after the sun came up the lady started to stir. I whined to let her know she was safe in her bed (i figured out pretty quick that the big thing is a human bed) and I was near. She reached her hand down and I gave her kisses on her fingers until she went back to sleep for a few minutes. Then she woke up again, got out of her bed and I whined a little to make sure she didn't forget about me. She let me out of my cage. I followed her downstairs and she opened the door and we both went outside. I danced for her so she could see how happy I was with out new arrangement and to tell her "good human" for listening to me. Then I went pee and the lady got excited and happy again--I think that maybe she is happy that I went pee. I'll have to do more research on that.

luvmyboyz

Cavy Slave
Oh Chalmette, you are such a good girl, and I`m so glad your life is getting better everyday. I pray for you to continue being happy. Your day`s are now filled with wonderful surprizes instead of fear and pain. Learning about love is fun isn`t it. Keep us updated.

fourboys4now

Cavy Slave
Chalmette is my new hero! And her mommy too.

cavyinhawaii

Cavy Slave
I love this story. Its so sad that its true. I am glad that you are not afraid of the Ill eagle. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

Sammy and Peanut

Cavy Slave
Chalmette, whatever happened to the "rabid"? Great job at telling us your story so far!

Piggie Grammy

Cavy Slave
aww Chalmette, I just got thru catchin up on all your stories and I am so glad that you met the lady and are doing so much better. I really have to agree with the lady that you have some Chihuahua in you. My daughter's dog, Teddy Bear, looks an awfull lot like you and she's pure Chihuahua. If somebody will tell me how, I'll post a picture of her on here to show you. I can't wait to hear more about you.

Piggie Grammy

Cavy Slave
OK, here's Teddy Bear pictures. Thanks to Sammy and Peanut, who told me how to get them in here lol

nismosmama

Cavy Slave
Chalmette, I'm so happy that you are doing so well with the lady :), sounds like you are having a good time. I reallly wish I lived closer to the lady and that i had a big house and not a tiny apartment, I would absolutely love having you live with me!

piggly wiggly

Cavy Slave
Piggie Grammy, your dog is sooo cute. But I Chalmette doesn't have the chihuahua face, her face is very min pin, her feet, her face and mask, even her ears. She has very distinct min pin features.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
Hi Everyone! Long time no see. Lots of kisses and leaps upon your faces--and any other part of you I can reach.

The lady says she's really sorry that she hasn't been letting me tell my story lately but she's been real busy and her computer thingy has been bad

There is so much that goes on around her that most of the time I look like this

WHAT'S THAT?

I have learned to play with the other dogs here and most of the time they are really nice to me. I like to go out into the yard and run and play and especially jump up on the edge of the big water bowl to I can see more of the world.

I have become a big help with the little mewling things. I think they are some sort of puppies the lady had. Here I am helping to take care of them. I lick them, and flea nibble them and sometimes I try to pick them up but the lady won't let me do that.

I wonder why she doesn't let them sleep with her? I want to sleep with them and I get very excited whenever she brings them out to feed them and clean them Me and the fuzzy yellow dog she calls Bert both help take care of them and sometimes the big tattle-tale dog (named Stella) rumbles at me. She says she's afraid I'll hurt them and then the lady will be sad and angry. Doesn't she know that I would never do anything to make the lady sad? Here is a movie of me getting excited when the lady brings the babies out. She says she's sorry it's so dark (and that she sounds like a twit)
YouTube - Chalmette and the Kittens

-Continued-

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
I finally got to meet the "rabid" face to face

I know why she calls it a Rabid. Right after the lady took that picture the rabid jumped on my face and boxed me with it's paws and made horrible grunting noises. I jumped back fast and barked and the rabid just stood there. He wasn't afraid of me at all anymore! I keep trying to make friends and try to scare the rabid so it won't try to kill me anymore but it's not working. The lady took this video to show everyone what happens when I try to play with the rabid YouTube - Chalmette faces her fear of the rabbit

We have gone for lots more walks and visited the park again. We even went back to the Coughy Shop a few times. One of the times I managed to steal a taste of the Coughy while I was sitting in the lady's lap and she was bringing the bowl up to her mouth.

The man took my picture right after I did it and the lady was laughing. I didn't really like it much but the foamy stuff on top was pretty yummy.

Today though I'm not feeling too. The lady took me to see that doctor man again and as soon as I saw him I was afraid. I didn't want another operation because that HURT! The lady said I was smart to remember them. How could I forget?! The lady left me with them for a few hours (it seemed like days) and they gave me some more shots. I was afraid I would fall asleep again and wake up and have had another operation but that didn't happen. After a little while I started to feel kinda weak and sick and just laid down in my cage. I was excited when the lady came back to take me home.

When I got home I still felt awfully sick and tried to hide under the table next to the couch to sleep. My instincts told me to find a small dark place so that nothing could hurt me but I wasn't very comfortable and soon I realized that nothing bad had ever happened to me in this place. Besides, it's a shame to waste a perfectly comfortable couch. The lady came to take my picture again. I trued to tell her that I felt bad and didn't want anyone to see me this way but she didn't listen.

Please don't take my picture

The lady says that I feel bad because we are killing the "hartwurms" and that the medicine makes me sick too. She says that I won't be allowed to run and play for a couple of week or something bad could happen to me. he way I feel now I don't think I'll ever want to play again.

The lady tells me that I'll only feel sick for a couple of days but even then I still can't run. Then in about another week I have to have more of this awful medicine. I try to be a good dog now but I just may have to bite that doctor if he comes near me again.

The lady also told me some sad news. The lady that was is supposed to give me a forever home probably won't be able to do it. She got into a horrible car accident a few days ago and she's in the hospital feeling even worse then I am. One of the other lady's friends died in that crash. My lady says she's very sad about all of this and hopes very hard that everyone else involved gets well very soon. Now she has to try to find me someone else because she doesn't think the lady in the hospital will be well enough any time soon to take care of me. I wish I could go to the hospital to visit this lady. She sounds very nice and I would like to give her kisses to make her feel better but my nice lady says dogs aren't allowed in hospitals.

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
Chalmette, you are such a beautiful girl. I don't spend too much time around here now that my pigs are gone but I have been coming around to check out your story. Both of my human children enjoyed watching your video with the bunny. They laughed so hard when they saw the bunny jump and startle you. We are so glad to see you are doing so well.

VJ you really are an amazing person with all of the work you do for these animals.

chexxy

Cavy Slave
Aw. I love her. I really love the coffee pic, it made me laugh so hard! Thats stinks about her adopter, I hope she gets well soon. Are you keeping her until you can find another?

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
The lady is feeling sad right now. She said that it's time to start trying hard to find me my own home. She promised me that she would find me the very best home--one filled with love and patience, good things to eat and humans who are gentle and have lots of time to spend with me and give me woks 'cause I love them so much.

She's sad because she really loves me and will miss be terribly. She's hoping that she will be able to find me a home she can feel confident about because she thinks I'm a very special dog. In fact she says that so far I'm the smartest and sweetest dog rescue she's ever had the pleasure of having in her life.

I really don't like it when she's sad but she's given me a lot of love and attention today.

I helped her write an ad for something called Craigslist. You need to scratch at this link (sausage link?) to get to it (broken link removed)

The lady says that several people that sound very nice have already emailed her and she's going to email them back in the morning.

I also have a bit of a fan club on something called live journal. The man that lives here writes stuff there and today he wrote about me These things may not be right, but they are true

I'm nervous about everything that's been going on today. I don't really understand any of this but I don't think the lady will let anything bad happen to me so I just have to trust her. Wish me and the lady luck please.

If I do have to go live someplace else I hope they have a couch and let me lay on it.

It's one of my favorite places to be, especially if there is a human on it with me. Now put down the camera and let's snuggle lady human!

By the way, I'm feeling MUCH better today. I don't feel very sick from the medicine and the lady even took me for a walk to the "coughy" place. She let me have some of that foamy stuff on top of the "coughy" that I like.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
WhoooHoooooooo!!!!!
I found Chalmette the perfect home. Look at this wonderful email I got

Hello,
I'm Micheal .I saw your advert about your pet adoptation .I am interested in adopting the pet, I'm located in UNITED STATE, I want you to know that before i come to your location direct to view the pet from you, you would have to make me understand if the pet is forsale or is free for adoption, if for sale pls tell me the last adoption price, because i am paying you cheque money order or cashier cheque anyone you prefare for your payment method, i am buying the pet for my children they love pet so much, so could you email me the details below so that i can see if i can adopt the pet from you soon. and i will arrange for the trip to pick up the pets from you immediately.

i,The present condition of the pet ?
ii, how friendly the pet his?
iii,what your pet like and what he dislike ?
iv, pictures of the pets ( if available)
v, the last adoption price apart from the price you posted on petfinder.com

Pls do get back to me as soon as possible so that we can adopt the pet this very week,
I'll be looking forward to your response..
Regards,
Micheal.

I'm certain she'll find the weather in Nigeria to her liking. Oops, sorry, that's UNITED STATE--although which united state he wasn't clear on, I'm assuming it's the united state of nigeria though.

NOT!

socal805

Cavy Slave
Oh Chalmette, I wish I could take you to live with me in California. I hope that you can find a home as good as the home you have been living in. You deserve the best!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.