Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Spring!

JarBax

Cavy Slave
I'll see what I can do MinnieMay! (and belated birthday wishes!) When they emerge, they are so tiny - just like little black, squiggily lines. Infact, it's really interesting watching them develop inside the egg - from black dots, to dots with tails, to teeny taddies. Will try and capture the stages on camera (if it's not too cold - or snowy!)

this_lil_piggy

Cavy Slave
I just thought I'd add in something "spring" that I took last week.

My Bradford Pear trees are in full bloom, and have been invaded by honey bee's by the 100's. When you get near the trees it sounds like you are in a bee hive, and these little bee's are so loaded down with pollen they are collecting that I amazed they can fly. Check out all the pollen on the legs of this little guy:

bee.jpg

I have a video of all the bee bussle. I am glad they get such enjoyment out of the tree's...my allergies are raging. lol

TheQueen

Cavy Slave
Awesome photos Jane! They are very very nice quality! I love the second one. National Geographic has a photo contest every year; you should totally enter it!

Not spring here yet. We've still got a good 8in of snow, but the weather is a bit nicer, which is nice. It's getting warmer, too. I'm so excited for spring because last year we put our pond in and we have four koi fish (can't wait to see them after the long winter!) and four tadpoles. By spring they should be matured into adult bullfrogs! I can't wait to see them! I love spring. I can't wait for the snow to thaw and for spring to finally be here.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.