Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Smelly Piggy Blankie

zolscody

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone!
For Yofie's cage I have been using the vet bed and some Uhaul/fleece on the side because the vat bed isn't quite long enough. So far it's been working great! However, when I wash everything all the blankets/vet bed still stink of piggy! We use Method dye free/fragrance free detergent because of my son's skin. Does anyone have any tips to help at least calm the smell. I accidentally washed Yofie's stuff with my husband's work out clothes lol. Needless to say he was not a happy camper and probably wreaked working out lol

you could try adding vinegar when you run it through the washer. i use Era detergent and white vinegar, and have not had any problems with odor. i know some people have used Gain dryer sheets successfully to combat static cling and piggy smell. perhaps you could spray it with Febreeze for fabric/carpets and let it sit before running it through the wash? if all else fails, you could try placing renuzit air fresheners in the room that houses your piggy cage :)

Edited by bpatters: Do NOT put air fresheners in the room with the pigs. They're not safe for people or pigs. I also wouldn't spray with Febreeze. Detergent and bleach and/or vinegar should work just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used a product called BioKleen in the laundry, with the soap. It is pretty widely available in the states. This seems to do the trick.

Borax and vinegar has worked well for me

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.