Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sleep

JULIE

Cavy Slave
My Guinia Pig Harry Has Not Been Sleeping Very Much. Does Anybody Have Any Advice?

Thank You
Julie(harrys Mommy)

What made you say that?

Well maybe if you learned the correct way of typing (like, without capital letters at the start of every word) and was a bit more descriptive, we might be able to help... It's even more annoying than the chat speak to me.

The forum software will UNcapitalize words that are typed in all caps. It's more likely the post was typed in all caps and the software uncapped it.

Sorry!!!!

Please give me time. I am very new to this. I just got this computer and not use to it!!!!!

Harry is just not sleeping very much. I get up alot a night and he is awake and does not really sleep at all during the day. I will probably end up taking him in, he is staring to have other problems.

julie

Guinea pigs are usually are awake, they barely close theire eyes even when "sleeping". Although I've seen my pigs sleep with their eyes almost close but I've also seen them sleep with eyes open.

I think you don't have to be alarmed. And guinea pigs are sensitive to noise. Even the slightest 'tick' will alarm them.

What other problems are you noticing?

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
better

Thanks for responding....he is sleeping much better! I had to take him in to his vet, his eye had become red and over his pupil was a small white spot. The next day the white spot was bigger and his pupil was discolored. He had edema behind his pupil and was given a steriod eye ointment and his eye is much better..That could of been some of the reason for not sleeping well. Now he is all cuddled up and has his eyes close.I don't think he likes to miss anything that he lives in the middle of the livingroom. He is a snoppy one.

Thanks, Julie (Harrys mommy)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.