Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Simple Question

exsNohs

Cavy Slave
Standuprookie, maybe you don't know what the word "rescue" really means.. so here's the exact definition from the dictionary...

res·cue noun
–verb (used with object)
1.to free or deliver from confinement, violence, danger, or evil.
2.Law. to liberate or take by forcible or illegal means from lawful custody. –noun
3. To set free, as from danger or imprisonment; save.

See Synonyms at save

save verb, saved, sav·ing, noun
–verb (used with object)
1.to rescue from danger or possible harm, injury, or loss
2.to keep safe, intact, or unhurt; safeguard
3.to keep from being lost
4.to avoid the spending, consumption, or waste of

What you "believe" will never change the actual correct meaning of that word//action.

Last edited:

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Obviously she's going to save them all, and in continuing to save them, they just keep cranking out more to be saved. She's the bottomless rescue pit. She's got all the answers because clearly we have no idea what we are doing from a rescue point of view. We are inhumane pencil pushers that prefer to make an example out of animals rather than save them.

And since we are not ordained ministers, we must apologize for the approach that we take. When you are an ordained minister, you don't have to apologize. You may not have to apologize for anything. Not sure about that, I'm not familiar with the rank and privilege of being an ordained minister.

standuprookie

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the definition.

You may "rescue" one but you will doom all the ones after to a worse fate! What don't you understand about that!
Rescue one = many more are subjected to the same if not worse fate.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
I don't see anywhere that buy=rescue.....

hydrohoki

Cavy Slave
Oh it's my turn!!

maybe you don't know what the word "buy" really means.. so here's the exact definition from the dictionary...

buy, bought, buy·ing,
noun –verb (used with object)
1.to acquire the possession of, or the right to, by paying or promising to pay an equivalent, esp. in money; purchase.
5.to be the monetary or purchasing equivalent of: Ten dollars buys less than it used to.

pur·chase
verb, -chased, -chas·ing, noun –verb (used with object)
1.to acquire by the payment of money or its equivalent; buy.
10.acquisition by the payment of money or its equivalent; buying, or a single act of buying.

What you "believe" will never change the actual correct meaning of that word//action.

Last edited:

exsNohs

Cavy Slave
Haha.. it's funny that you only choose to little quotes in things I say. You ignore the entire point and just pick at little things. I think you should take the time to read THIS part of what I've said. Or, you know, just ignore it like every other time and only hear what you want to.

Ever hear of the saying "you have to spend money to make money"...?? Well.. kinda goes with a lot of things in life with different situations. you have to give them money to save an animal before it's too LATE.. and then shut them down. They THINK you getting it from them will have you buying THEIR supplies, but really you're not going to. You're rescuing him. You're cheating THEIR system.

I think if you do all of those things.. ecspecially making them pay for vet bills.. in that you get your five dollors back and will stop the petstore. You can let that pig die or GIVE THEM five dollors and then make them pay 100-200 dollors in vet bills to actually care for him. So really you're getting money and taking what you "supported them with" back. Because why?? Because you take their money away from going to pet mills and spending that 100-200 dollors on that one pig instead. That sounds pretty smart to me. You might see it as buying an animal, but I see it as tricking them into taking care of the animals. It's cheating their system. They'll eventually just give up and either take care of them the right way or stop selling them all together.

PiGgIeCrAzYBaBy

Cavy Slave
piggiecrazybaby, I have one question, has the guinea pig you bought gotten any vet care yet?
Yes he has. He went to the vet today after finals, he has URI and is on antibiotics for it, he also has an eye infection and has drops for that, nothing else seems to be the matter with him other than needing some TLC. He should be much better after a few weeks, the vet said to come back after Christmas for another check-up. We're hoping he'll gain some weight too. (He weighed about a pound and a half) He's very skinny and if you shaved all his fur off you'd most likely be able to count his ribs (he's very fuzzy).

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Just because you're making them pay the vet bills, does not mean at all that they will stop selling animals. Just look at Petco and Petsmart. They've had to pay vet bills numerous times. Yet, they are still selling the pigs.

exsNohs

Cavy Slave
Oh and hydrohooki, I put that up there because that other girl didn't understand my examples. Or took them the wrong way. I clearly know what "buy" means and NEVER said she didn't BUY him. Hmmm.. did I?? Uhh, nope. :)

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
No, you never said she didn't buy him. But you clearly can't seem to understand the difference between rescue and buy.

Off topic, but really. Does every single post of your need to LOOK like this?

hydrohoki

Cavy Slave
exsNohs,

Would you please stop yelling certain words? I find it makes it very hard to read. You can get your point across other ways. Many of us have read your entire posts but to quote it all is tiresome for other people reading the thread. There is no reason why we shouldn't quote just what we are referring too. Thanks.

Perhaps I'm just grumpy because I'm really cold, so please don't take this as I'm trying to be mean.

exsNohs

Cavy Slave
Just because you're making them pay the vet bills, does not mean at all that they will stop selling animals.

Yeah, but you save his life and took those hundreds of dollors AWAY from the pet mills that they would've given them!!! It's cheating their SYSTEM. And the five dollors you gave them.. you get it BACK and much MORE. You force them to take care of them the ONLY way they EVER will. If they're threatened. Is THAT really a hard concept to get??

But you clearly can't seem to understand the difference between rescue and buy.

I understand it just fine, thank you. You and I were not talking about buying anything at that point.

If I'm using too much of those bolding tools the admins and mods will//would say something about it. Don't gang up on me. And I'm not the only person that does it. I'll lower the caps down though... just because hydrohoki asked nicley and mentioned it was hard for her to read.

Last edited:

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
But they will just GO back to the breeder and BUY more pigs to sell.

Now that's kind of annoying isn't it. Please tone down the exxagerations a bit. Thanks.

standuprookie

Cavy Slave
Ok since some of you can't grasp what we are saying I decided to draw you a picture.

Next day.

Can you see how when you buy a pig they just get more to fill that pig's spot.

Edit: piggiebabycrazy, I don't agree with the way you got him, but I am glad you got him vet care.

Another Edit: I'm a guy.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
exsNohs, the best you can do in the face of a mountain of logic is whip out dictionary definitions?

Hey, if you want to feel good about buying animals in pet stores, you get to call it anything you want. You can use any term you want. We know what the bigger issues are. Shall we whip out the dictionary definition of CUSTOMER? How about MARKET? How about PET TRADE INDUSTRY--but you have to derive that one. Then are the basic Business 101 principles, such as 'supply and demand', 'loss leaders,' 'market pressure,' 'public relations.'

When someone stubbornly refuses to acknowledge the reality of the bigger picture, it's like talking to a brick wall. The bottomline, this is the mentality that we constantly have to fight -- the hopeless cases, because this absurd position forces people like me to give up our life savings to continue to fight the good fight. SOONER OR LATER, your antiquated notions will be a minority and an enlightened market will prevail. It's a slow and steady battle, but we are CONTINUING to make progress -- despite your misguided and short-sighted views. I guess the good thing is that we do work harder at it than you do. After all, you can only buy so many animals, and that is a fact. Education with the optimistic attitude that we WILL prevail is our leverage. It's a grass roots effort that WILL end up being a market-driven solution. That's the only way. And for now, you are just part of the problem, not part of the solution.

exsNohs

Cavy Slave
Excuse me, Cavy spirit, did I buy a pig from a petstore without my acknoledgment??

[Hey, if you want to feel good about buying animals in pet stores, you get to call it anything you want

How would I feel good about buying a pet from a petstore when I don't buy animals in petstores...?? This is this girls situation.. not mine.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Yeah, but you save his life and took those hundreds of dollors AWAY from the pet mills that they would've given them!!! It's cheating their SYSTEM. And the five dollors you gave them.. you get it BACK and much MORE. You force them to take care of them the ONLY way they EVER will. If they're threatened. Is THAT really a hard concept to get??

I really want to ask how old you are. But I won't. I think it's quite obvious that you've never worked in a wholesale/distribution/retail business. You really, truly don't get it. So, I'm not surprised about your naive take on the fundamentals of how this business works. You need to seriously back off, because you are all wet when it comes to the business side of this issue. And that is exactly what we are talking about. This is a billion dollar industry and your views about this issue are simply wrong. This is not a matter of "opinion," this is a very objective, fact-based situation.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Sure you did not buy from one. But look back and read your argument. You support them.

exsNohs

Cavy Slave
But they will just GO back to the breeder and BUY more pigs to sell.

Stop with the exaderations. The administrator Cavy spirt just used about the same amount of things I usually use in my posts.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Haha, not nearly as much. It's hard to take people seriously when every other word is bold or underlined. T emphasizes where it's needed, not randomly.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.