Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

*sigh*

2198lindsey

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
So after several months of being in remission, I started loosing my ability to keep food down again...
My cancer's back again. It's getting very exhausting. Between chemo, trying to catch up this year of school, I'm having major family problems...some days the pigs are the only thing that keep me going.

These animals have been a life saver. Danu came to me the day that I found out my best friend had passed. She was in need of severe critical care. I feel like she came to me in the point that I needed her most, and she needed me. Ever since then she's been with my every step of the way, and I never thought that I'd have such a strong connection with an animal.

I love my pigs so much, and I love all of you to no end. I want to say thank you to the friendships that I've made through this forum because you guys are a true support system of mine and it means a lot. I'll keep updates about my health on this thread.

For now, me and Danu just want to thank you so much for changing both of our lives :)

Attachments

535886_605748189453246_581203444_n.jpg

Artista

Cavy Slave
Love the pic! Two beauties! Best wishes and prayers out to you. Keep strong. Animals are the best therapy during the low times. I always say I love animals more than humans!

Aleks

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry to hear that your cancer has come back. I can't even begin to imagine how you must feel. :(
Try to stay strong and keep fighting it, you can make it through this. We're all here for you<3 :)

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm very sorry to hear about your health. Cancer is such a beast -- I hope you beat it, and that you'll soon be back in remission. I'm glad you have Danu to keep you company -- snorgling a pig can make even the terrible days seem not quite so bad.

cavykaitlyn

Cavy Slave
Just from what you have said in those few lines, I could tell that the relationship between you and your piggy, Danu, is very loving. Both of you supported each other when you were at your worst. And now that Danu is all better, you could use her help again.

I cannot fathom what it feels like to have your cancer come back. I am not even sure what it is like the first time around. But I do know this: You are beautiful, you are strong, and you can do this. You can beat it, all you need is a little help from your friends. I can assure you that Danu will be there for you whenever you need her. We are all behind you, dear. Remember how you conquered cancer before. Know that you can do it again. Laughter--from your pets, from a joke you heard, or a silly hat--is the best medicine. Just stay confident and believe with all your soul that you can finish cancer. Think of it as your enemy, because right now, it's what's keeping you away from the things you love. Realize that you can beat it, girl! Never lose faith in your abilities. And above all--remember to love, every day, every second, like you never have before.
I wish you all the best, from the very bottom of my heart. I wish you good luck, good fortune, and good health. I believe in you. I know you can do this.
~ck

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
Linds! The girls and I love you and we hope the best for you and Danu! Don't forget, we will always be right here!

2198lindsey

Cavy Slave
Thanks you guys. All of that means so much to me, you have no clue. I've stayed pretty strong. I think the thing that's hitting me the most is this time around I'll most definitely loose my hair...in August of last year I shaved part of it as a tribute to my friend Carter who lost her life to cancer the preceeding February and it still hasn't grown back..

gertieshmertz

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry your cancer is back. I know for my mom, who has a disease called rsd, which is basically where all her pain nerves never shut off and she has it in her left foot and hand and they are deforming, she says the best thing for her is seeing the kids be goof balls, or my 2 year old sister trying to get me to let her play with the pigs. She says just being happy and laughing makes her feel better. I don't know about cancer, other than what my great grandma when though before she passed this fall, but even she said going out and mucking her horse stalls at 5 am, made her feel better, because it made her happy. And with your hair, and can always wear cute hats, or if you are feeling really low, you could colour your head. My friend who lost her hair to cancer used to sharpie her head to make up for the fact she could no longer dye her hair pink lol. She said it made her feel better. Hugs and good vibes are being sent from here, and Hunnie and Bae-Bae are wheeking for you to get better. Or food. But I'd like to think it is for you :) <3

Fizzlepop40

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry to hear about your cancer. I'll be praying for you to get well and sending good wishes your way.

We're all here for you! You can beat this cancer again. :)

Also, Ive been thinking of donating some of my hair for people with cancer. Your last post has made me sure I want to donate. I'll definitely be asking my parents if I can donate at least 12 inches of my hair. Its about 18 inches long right now.

SheWolfSilver

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for what you're going through! Praying for you to go into remission again! You helped your piggy and now she will help you!

2198lindsey

Cavy Slave
Go for it, it's such a wonderful thing. In August I got the courage to shave a portion of mine off, haven't gone much further haha xD

I think as soon as it starts to go this time I'll shave it. This was literally minutes after we shaved it and I think pulling it back and staring at myself for long enough I convinced myself that I'm beautiful no matter what and that my hair doesn't define me.

Most of all I'm just staying very happy and positive and I KNOW that I'm going to get through this. <3
I'm so sorry to hear about your cancer. I'll be praying for you to get well and sending good wishes your way.

Also, Ive been thinking of donating some of my hair for people with cancer. Your last post has made me sure I want to donate. I'll definitely be asking my parents if I can donate at least 12 inches of my hair. Its about 18 inches long right now.

Attachments

255429_489933304368069_1879994040_n.jpg

2198lindsey

Cavy Slave
This is so true, the pigs help me in this way everyday to always keep a smile on my face.
I am so sorry your cancer is back. I know for my mom, who has a disease called rsd, which is basically where all her pain nerves never shut off and she has it in her left foot and hand and they are deforming, she says the best thing for her is seeing the kids be goof balls, or my 2 year old sister trying to get me to let her play with the pigs. She says just being happy and laughing makes her feel better. I don't know about cancer, other than what my great grandma when though before she passed this fall, but even she said going out and mucking her horse stalls at 5 am, made her feel better, because it made her happy. And with your hair, and can always wear cute hats, or if you are feeling really low, you could colour your head. My friend who lost her hair to cancer used to sharpie her head to make up for the fact she could no longer dye her hair pink lol. She said it made her feel better. Hugs and good vibes are being sent from here, and Hunnie and Bae-Bae are wheeking for you to get better. Or food. But I'd like to think it is for you :) <3

GoldieBrodiexx

Cavy Slave

One of my friends did that to make a wig for her mum's friend who was diagnosed with cancer. It's such a lovely thing to do!

GoldieBrodiexx

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry to hear that the cancer's come back, but you beat it once, you can do it again! And if your feeling really bad, come on here and talk to us. Hopefully the pigs will make you feel a bit better <3

2198lindsey

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry to hear that the cancer's come back, but you beat it once, you can do it again! And if your feeling really bad, come on here and talk to us. Hopefully the pigs will make you feel a bit better <3
Y'all always make me feel better :)

pinky

Cavy Slave
Lots of positive thoughts and prayers coming your way...... Be strong and know we all care about you.

MrsSuzy

Cavy Slave
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that :sad:! Your bond with your piggie is fantastic.

Stay strong, we're all here for you.xx

Fizzlepop40

Cavy Slave
@2198lindsey I will! It's going to feel so crazy having short hair because I've had long hair since kindergarten.

Love that picture of you, by the way. :)

koalamissy

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry to hear about your struggles. I will most definitely be praying for you and your family. Having a place like this to vent is pretty awesome and you know that everyone here is here for you. I'm glad you have such a positive attitude, it will help. Give Danu a squeeze, but not too hard now .....

Dee_E

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry to hear this. :sad: You are in my thoughts and prayers

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.