Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog : sigh : aaand I scared him again.

Blog entry from old forum

S0rceress0

Cavy Slave
I spent the day encouraging Keichi with guinea pig sounds from YouTube. He likes purring the best, and was especially interested when I purred myself. Finally he flopped down in my lap like a little guinea pig rug and fell asleep for awhile. I managed to put him back in without him freaking out. (took ten minutes of cradling, encouraging, and walking veeeerrrryyyy slloooowwwww...
I put him in his cage, put the new cardboard tunnel in with him and he flipped his lid, ran behind the towel and I haven't seen him since. oh boy...

KateandOscar

Cavy Slave
Did you just get him? If you did he is probably just getting used to you, and also I know for a fact they dont like to be woken suddenly. Actually, no animal does. I touched my hamster while he was sleeping and it scared the poop out of him haha, and it took him a while to settle down. If I scare my piggie either while hes sleeping or just in general, he runs and doesnt come out until he feels safe. So just give him some time to get used to you.

S0rceress0

Cavy Slave
He is a terrified little piggie, I know that. A minor setback. He's scared of everything and he's only been here a month or so. ;)He wasn't asleep when he went back into the cage. Today he's back in the cardboard tunnel, not even his nose showing LOL

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.