Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage ( side by side cages.

piggi_zone

Cavy Slave
My new baby zoey, I tried to put her cage next to my herd's cage but they got very vocal (my herd is never loud and vocal except breakfast) . And from one in particular was mad and chattering at her through the bars. Would they eventually leave her alone? I put her cage back in the quarantine spot. And after I did she a completely different body language. She was about to cut cartwheels. I am not sure what it was if just liked the new cage or they were stressing her?

daisy1cow

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
All three of my 2x5's are side by side. They get over it. Its someone new and they have to be bossy. My boys are next to my girls and they try so hard to get under or through. They eat the coating off the panels to get to JellyBean, and she is oblivious to them!! LOL
My daughter also has three 2x5's and put her non social girl in the middle so she would feel part of the herd and all get along well. She is alone so not to hurt anyone but is in between so she can look at em if she want (but she doesn't care) I actually have mine about 6-8 inches apart so they can't touch noses. sometimes Waffles will get it moved over but JellyBean walks away.
Maybe try to have a little space in between and see how that works. Waffles is chewing away right now and JB is just drinking water, paying him no mind!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.