Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior shivers??

deardulcie

Cavy Slave
Hi all...When I take my Philomena out for lap time, she seems to shiver every time I pet her. It goes like this: pet/shiver...pet/shiver.
Eventually it stops, and she just sits there, and enjoys her carrot.

She is my scaredy-pig, so I'm thinking that's what the shivers relate to.

Anyone have any other ideas?❤️

Hi!
My guinea pig Clover does the same thing. I think guinea pigs just do that naturally. I would guess if she's churning as you pet her its probably a sign she's enjoying it. :)
Hope this helped. :)

*if shes chutting as you pet her

Well, I'm not sure if this is the same thing (if it is...I'm gonna watch this thread!) but the new guy here shivers and kinda flinches each time you touch him...we think it is because before he came here he was attacked by a dog or cat before being found in the park so it reminds him of what happened.

Does your girl flinch like she's terrified? I guess it's a rather un-likely as you've had your girl for a while...lol, I'm still gonna watch this thread anyway! (;

Thanks, guys. Philomena is very quiet, so she's not purring. If it is, I can't hear it. I've had her since August, but she is still a scaredy-pig. I'm not doing anything wrong, I don't think, she just is this way.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.