Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sounds Rumbling, purring, or shivering???

PianoPlayer88

Cavy Slave
Okay I haven't posted here in a very(very) long time, but I've always used it as a resource and I wasn't sure about this. Whenever I hold my pigs, they are usually super calm and content(never sleep on my lap though haha) but they have started vibrating a bit when I pet them. I know that if I ever pet them toward their rump they rumble and protest, but this is different. Anyway, how can you tell if they are purring or rumbling, or just plain shivering? Thanks.

It's rare for a piggy to rumble in your lap unless another piggy is there. A vibration once in a while could be a shiver, but they won't make noise while they shiver. If they are making even a little bit of a rumbling noise or purring noise then they are purring. My girl Stella loves to complain in between Purrs while she is on my lap

Both of you would really be confused by my boys, and in particular, Sparky. No other cavy has to be nearby for him to rumble. He's now a full-blown teenager and one of his main sounds is to rumble/burrr.

Before we got Edgar last week, Nugget was rumblestrutting for his stuffed ducky toy. lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.