Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Seperation

• Thread starter momof1kid3piggi
  • Start date

momof1kid3piggi

Cavy Slave
Ok Im sure if this is the right thread. So here it goes, I just separated my baby males from mom and the baby females. But they are only 17 days today Is that alright, Because I know about 3 weeks you have to do it anyways and they will be three weeks in 4 days. Do you think it's to early or what?

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Separate at 21 days, no earlier, no later. They can benefit having the extra 4 days with mom.

momof1kid3piggi

Cavy Slave
I know that i thought of that. But two of the three males are getting aggressive with eachother. I have the one with dad and the other two completely separated in two 2x4 C&C cages stacked on top of eachother. So they get to hear each other. I wouldn't of done it if there wasn't any fighting. The two males ganged up on the other male and he lost a good amount of hair.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.