Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

seeds

lilmasweet

Cavy Slave
I've heard/read that piggies can't have the seeds in big tomatos but can have Roma, grape or cherry tomatos. Can they have whole Roma, grape or cherry? Including seeds? Can they have Eggplant seeds?

Fay

Cavy Slave
They can't have seeds because they can Choke in them. Look at the nutrition chart made by Ly&Pigs to see what you can feed them and how often: (broken link removed)

lilmasweet

Cavy Slave
So whether it's grape, cherry or Roma tamato I've got to cut the seeds out? Then tell me how they eat eggplant?

Fay

Cavy Slave
Best is to cut out the seeds yes atleast thats what I do just to be sure, if you can't be bothered to cut them out you could always go for vegetables and fruits without seeds there's plenty of options you can go for. Some seeds might be okay to give but I'm not that experienced on seed stuff so you will have to ask someone als. The majority of vegetables I give don't contain seeds or not that many so makes it easy to remove.

this_lil_piggy

Cavy Slave
Some seeds are small or soft enough that they can be given. I know Strawberries, cranberries, grape/cherry tomatoes, grapes, squash and cucumber seeds are all safe enough.
Bellpepper and apple seeds should be removed.
Im not sure about Roma tomatoes (cant picture what they are), but im pretty sure eggplant seeds would pose no choking risk--they are as small as cranberry seeds.

Rachy1412

Cavy Slave
I've nut ever cut the seeds out of the tomatoes, their soft and small.

Fay

Cavy Slave
Some seeds are okay yes, I don't cut them from strawberries or tomato's either but with seeds I mean hard, solid semi big seeds like in apples, those are the kind of seeds that can choke your pig.

lilmasweet

Cavy Slave
Thanks for all the advice. I was a little confused but I think I'm seing things a little more clearly now.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.