Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ratties Rescue Rats need homes! (will be killed otherwise)

aikyo

Cavy Slave
There are over 70 rats that are being released from a laboratory where they were being used for psychology experiments in classrooms. They're all well socialized and friendly.

They are going to be killed if they don't find homes.

If you can take even ONE rat, you will be saving a life.

I think I may be taking in two or three (I'm excited, I've never had rats before!), but there's still plenty that need loving homes.

Please, please, please, help us find homes for them!

Here is the message I got:

Dear Animal Advocates,
The good folks at the Humane League down in Philadelphia have had the blessing/ burden of convincing a nearby University to allow the release/rescue of the rats used in repetitive, pointless classroom psychology experiments. Only this year, there are nearly double as many rats as we've had in previous years- 70 rats, and whichever ones we can't find homes for will be killed. The past two years we've been fortunate enough - thanks in significant part to your help and compassion - to find homes for all of them.This year, I am all but certain we will not be able to find homes for all 70. emails to rescue lists and myspace bulletins have gotten us very few offers to help. So, every home that we can find and every rat that we can adopt out is going to be a life saved. These rats are going to be gassed with carbon monoxide in late June if we have not found homes for them by that time. Again, any rat adopted is literally a lifesaved as we will not find homes for all of them. As in previous years the rats are all white albino males, very friendly and sociable.

**if you live in the upstate NY area and can adopt or foster a rat, Please email Amber ASAP at [email protected]
**if you do not live in the upstate NY area but are still interested in helping in this situation, please email [email protected]
**for more information in general, visit: (broken link removed)

(I hope I can post this here?)

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave
Aw! I wish I couuld adopt a cutie but I'm to far away:'(. I hope they don't have to be put to sleep. They'll be in my prayers!

aikyo

Cavy Slave
I got an update from the rescuers and they said that they're doing pretty good on homes, so hopefully everybody will find one and nobody will die!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.