Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Remembering Rosie

Kschuck

Cavy Slave
I'm mourning the loss of Rosie, who passed away at age 8 two days ago. Rosie was rescued by the Humane Society from a hoarding situation. I adopted her from someone when she was 5 to be a companion for my other piggy who lost her friend. Rosie turned out to be quite bossy! She also had some ovarian cysts and had to get spayed. But she outlived 2 other piggies despite having a year batting bladder stones. She was so spunky and strong. I want to be more like her! Rosie, I miss you so much. I tried to give you the best life possible.

Attachments

PXL_20211016_231651028~2.jpg

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I am so very, very sorry to hear of Rosie's passing. I have learned over the last 14 years that losing a pig never gets easier, in fact its quite the opposite.

Rest in wheeks, Rosie. Know how much you are loved, and take that love with you across the Rainbow Bridge. May you find new friends, may you find the veggies fresh, the grass green and the sun warm.

I know its of little comfort and you'll hear it a lot, but 8 is a great life for a piggie. You did far better with her than so many others. I have never had a pig live to make 7.

Kschuck

Cavy Slave
I am so very, very sorry to hear of Rosie's passing. I have learned over the last 14 years that losing a pig never gets easier, in fact its quite the opposite.

Rest in wheeks, Rosie. Know how much you are loved, and take that love with you across the Rainbow Bridge. May you find new friends, may you find the veggies fresh, the grass green and the sun warm.

I know its of little comfort and you'll hear it a lot, but 8 is a great life for a piggie. You did far better with her than so many others. I have never had a pig live to make 7.
Thank you for your kind words. You are right, it never gets easier. Rosie fought through a bunch of health issues so I feel lucky she had a long life. She was diagnosed with congestive heart failure a month ago. But she did well on meds and just declined suddenly Sunday night . She just got weaker and weaker passed away peacefully Monday night. I am fortunate to have a good vet and the resources to get her the meds that got her through the hard times and helped her recover. She was a sweet girl for sure.