Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ratties Rats Introduced

vics2004

Cavy Slave
Hey all. Well, we introduced Rex and Jed (my 9/10 month olds) to magic and mischief (our little 7 week olds) last night, (don't worry we had a lady foster caring for them for quarentine) and they got on really well. We had gradually over the last few days let them see and smell eachother through the cages, and then swapped them into the other cages for a day.

Last night we started on neutral territory (bath), and they just sniffed eachother with a bit of grooming, so we moved onto the sofa, all still happy, so then we cleaned out the cage and then put all 4 in there.

They seem really happy together

Will get some pics soon

Thankyou for your advice on introducing them to eachother

Rattie Mom

Cavy Slave
Oh YAY!!! I'm so glad to hear that everyone got along just fine. And if you already see them cuddled up and sleeping together, even BETTER! :)

Intro's can be so scary...but then again, sometimes they aren't. Yay for you and them both!

I had a group that seemed to take additions like "hey look, new friends". I remember introducing two babies, that were not only welcomed, but the older girls started cuddling with them in the play area. I ended moving them together the very next day. Typically, they don't go so well, so I was so happy. And those baby girls snuggled right in with the bigger girls like they's been together forever. And since they learned young how nice the older girls were, they grew into very nice and accepting ratties too. We never had a problem with that group.

Time for you to post new pics of all the boys together. ;)

vics2004

Cavy Slave
Yea, they like snuggling together in the hammock, looks very sweet. Haven't got many pictures of them all together yet, as all four of them on the sofa is a bit of a handful (magic and mischief keep trying to jump off it)

Hoepfully will have some pictures within a couple of weeks

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.